To the ISPs

instiches

Not surprised at all. You were the guy that if another contractor wanted to make a point and not service a flexed area you would swoop in and be the terminal hero and end up with that area. It's guys like you that made it impossible for another contractor to make a point. A bottom feeder.

This isn't about making a point. If the business or agreement isn't for you, find something else. The clowns all over this board that like to complain just aren't cut out for business, or have any earthly idea what running a business entails.

instiches

You were the contractor the terminal managers gave the inside scoop to. I've seen this numerous times in my terminal. I've got you pegged. It's ok you will fit in just great with them.

Lame. Even if it that was the case, you're going to fault someone for being opportunistic? Super lame.

overflowed

if you look at the views on this thread? it blows my mind. 300 replies, from probably not more than 50 people. 6000 views, and all is not good in ground land. Contractors are tripping out over the "transition"

bbsam

Staff member
if you look at the views on this thread? it blows my mind. 300 replies, from probably not more than 50 people. 6000 views, and all is not good in ground land. Contractors are tripping out over the "transition"
They should trip out. This is what M I Indy and the "let's sue FDX crowd" has brought them to. And they thought FDX would just reclassify them as employees? Not a chance.

overflowed

rah rah queen? Truthfully, I've been at bars in express uniforms and had ground contractors come and ask what express paid. When we replied? Same answer, "wish I could pay them that." Is what it is.

bbsam

Staff member
rah rah queen? Truthfully, I've been at bars in express uniforms and had ground contractors come and ask what express paid. When we replied? Same answer, "wish I could pay them that." Is what it is.
That's absolutely true and one of the complaints that we constantly send up the line.

It will be fine

You'll notice all the negative views are from people outside the system. Express drivers without actual knowledge, former contractors that couldn't hack it or someone that is amazingly still a single van contractor. The contractors still in business aren't happy either I assure you, but it's still profitable and will continue to be.

M I Indy

They should trip out. This is what M I Indy and the "let's sue FDX crowd" has brought them to. And they thought FDX would just reclassify them as employees? Not a chance.

I brought who to what? X bought this model and has twisted, turned, misrepresented this classification into the chaotic state it is in, play by the rules and nothing to worry about. Stand up for yourself is only thing I advocate, how it works out for them is their choice.

bbsam

Staff member
I brought who to what? X bought this model and has twisted, turned, misrepresented this classification into the chaotic state it is in, play by the rules and nothing to worry about. Stand up for yourself is only thing I advocate, how it works out for them is their choice.
And you have just the people to help them do so, don't you?

M I Indy

Here we go, throw more :censored2:, show me the claim. I will help point people to information, they make choices. You just make up fairytales to fit your mind. Do some research.

gixxer squid

This isn't about making a point. If the business or agreement isn't for you, find something else. The clowns all over this board that like to complain just aren't cut out for business, or have any earthly idea what running a business entails.

You kinda hot nail on head. The negotiators have no idea, or rather they do, on what it takes to run a smooth operation. A smooth operation means manager and extra drivers depending on how many trucks your running. Trucks that are presentable and drive nice down the road without band aids. All ground contractors know what I mean.

I just don't appreciate a dim whit trying to tell me what he thinks it costs me to run a business when I have a detailed spreadsheet to the penny they are not interested in looking at

Then the terminal dip wads at the door preaching safety, no DNA's, what is your plan if you fail, why is there oil drops under your truck etc.....

It was not like this 5 years ago. Addendum after addendum.

Once your in its not so easy to just get out if you don't like.

And yes, express drivers don't quite understand. They punch in and punch out.

Lots of views but the same usual suspects. Again, unless we are united this goes on deaf ears. Wishing all my ground peeps good luck

It will be fine

The negotiators know the number given to them by the engineers, that's it. They will admit that themselves. None of them have experience operating a business, they have a number and a script. Siri could do their job as well if not better than them. You'll get as much satisfaction arguing with your phone. You'll get more out of them if you play nice so they like you and get you closer to the top number. It's just sales. They deal with a-hole angry contractors all day everyday, if they like you there will be more money.

gixxer squid

The negotiators know the number given to them by the engineers, that's it. They will admit that themselves. None of them have experience operating a business, they have a number and a script. Siri could do their job as well if not better than them. You'll get as much satisfaction arguing with your phone. You'll get more out of them if you play nice so they like you and get you closer to the top number. It's just sales. They deal with a-hole angry contractors all day everyday, if they like you there will be more money.

That's the sad part. Rather than trying to actually see what are costs are and add 10% profit are something reasonable. You are low balled. How can one not be upset

Lmao on SIRI joke. Haha. To true

Our HD buddies initial offer was 40k less than he made last year. 5 negotiations in they are 40 dollars higher than what he made last year. It's a joke IMHO

Bounty

You kinda hot nail on head. The negotiators have no idea, or rather they do, on what it takes to run a smooth operation. A smooth operation means manager and extra drivers depending on how many trucks your running. Trucks that are presentable and drive nice down the road without band aids. All ground contractors know what I mean.

I just don't appreciate a dim whit trying to tell me what he thinks it costs me to run a business when I have a detailed spreadsheet to the penny they are not interested in looking at

Then the terminal dip wads at the door preaching safety, no DNA's, what is your plan if you fail, why is there oil drops under your truck etc.....

It was not like this 5 years ago. Addendum after addendum.

Once your in its not so easy to just get out if you don't like.

And yes, express drivers don't quite understand. They punch in and punch out.

Lots of views but the same usual suspects. Again, unless we are united this goes on deaf ears. Wishing all my ground peeps good luck
You sound like the one contractor that seems to speak the truth. That was kind of my point, "unless we are united" it goes nowhere, and it will happen again even to guys like bbsam, soon as there done with you they will kick you to the curb. I have a few offers to join with other contractors to get to scale but seems like it could get ugly. Besides I don't trust x with my future
Yes, I'm pissed, bitter and anything else you want throw in there.

There's no difference really. FedEx owns the accounts and gives you the boxes. You deliver them and get paid pennies on the dollar. They still have total control over who you hire, when to fire them and how much you make. Go for it!

Also don't forget the amount they save by using you as free loaders.
Hello, I am a single FedEx ground contractor. I just bought the route SEPTEMBER 2014 and now being told that by this September 1 2015 my contract will not be renewed unless I sign the new contract saying i will have 5 routes by April 2016. Can anyone please tell me how long or when fedex started this 5 route transition ? please help

Bounty

Hello, I am a single FedEx ground contractor. I just bought the route SEPTEMBER 2014 and now being told that by this September 1 2015 my contract will not be renewed unless I sign the new contract saying i will have 5 routes by April 2016. Can anyone please tell me how long or when fedex started this 5 route transition ? please help
I believe it started in California not too long ago, the rumor was three routes, the five route thing was a bombshell. Good luck, I've been there longer but I'm in the same boat as you.

STFXG

Probably should have done some research before buying. Sorry about your loss.