To those who DIDN'T attend their contract meeting...

Shame on you. There is absolutely NO excuse for not attending a meeting that only happens once every five years.
Jeez, it's only your GD future, only your GD employment. I heard all the stupid lame-ass excuses "Oh, my son had soccer", "had to drive my daughter to cheerleading practice". Give me a friend'n break.

Then on Brown Cafe, you see all the stupid questions that should have been answered in the meeting!

This shows our WEAKNESS as a union. You don't think the company knows about the low turnout? They're LAUGHING at us.
We are undeserving of a good contract when 90% of the members can't be bothered to show up at a once in five years meeting.

I was embarrassed for Sean O'Brien at the Local 25 meeting. For the CHEMA contingent, FIVE feeder drivers showed up. ONE shifter driver, a few package guys, and a couple of inside guys.

Disgusting.
These same teamsters who don't think they make enough or their benifits are going to be insufficient are the real problem. They make the kind of money that makes them think they are above what they are. They don't understand what Sean O'Brian does for them. They don't understand why he is so bad ass. The reap the rewards and sympathize with the tea party. WE are LABOR. ACT like it or you will fade away. Go to your meeting and support your elected leaders who take so much :censored2: you can't even imagine.

If you can tell this is a sour SUBJECT

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
These same teamsters who don't think they make enough or their benifits are going to be insufficient are the real problem. They make the kind of money that makes them think they are above what they are. They don't understand what Sean O'Brian does for them. They don't understand why he is so bad ass. The reap the rewards and sympathize with the tea party. WE are LABOR. ACT like it or you will fade away. Go to your meeting and support your elected leaders who take so much :censored2: you can't even imagine.

Been hitting the crack pipe?

quamba 638

Shame on you. There is absolutely NO excuse for not attending a meeting that only happens once every five years.
Jeez, it's only your GD future, only your GD employment. I heard all the stupid lame-ass excuses "Oh, my son had soccer", "had to drive my daughter to cheerleading practice". Give me a friend'n break.

Then on Brown Cafe, you see all the stupid questions that should have been answered in the meeting!

This shows our WEAKNESS as a union. You don't think the company knows about the low turnout? They're LAUGHING at us.
We are undeserving of a good contract when 90% of the members can't be bothered to show up at a once in five years meeting.

I was embarrassed for Sean O'Brien at the Local 25 meeting. For the CHEMA contingent, FIVE feeder drivers showed up. ONE shifter driver, a few package guys, and a couple of inside guys.

Disgusting.
You would be surprised how many part timers at my hub even know a contact is being negotiated; let alone they're going to be getting a ballot in the mail. I would say about 10 out of 300 part-timers in my building even knew about the TA, let alone a meeting that was held to go over it!

That's the reality!!
I talked to guys that have been there almost 10 years like me, that have no idea it's even a contract year!!!

bogeyball

Been hitting the crack pipe?
It's apparent that for 407 is a fanboy.... but I think his rant has highlighted what is precisely the problem with the Union today.
We have become so inoculated to the way most Americans must live their lives... well guess what, we are on our way... in a small way, to realizing those same struggles. And here's the irony, it comes from the same union leadership that 407 so warmly defends.

Inthegame

It's apparent that for 407 is a fanboy.... but I think his rant has highlighted what is precisely the problem with the Union today.
We have become so inoculated to the way most Americans must live their lives... well guess what, we are on our way... in a small way, to realizing those same struggles. And here's the irony, it comes from the same union leadership that 407 so warmly defends.
That leadership doesn't elect itself Bogeyboy. They get elected from the ranks. You want to blame anyone for any perceived injustice or deficiency, get a good look in the mirror. Step up all-star and put your name on a ballot.
407 works for his members everyday right out front and in the open! Where do you hide?

Asskicker

Really Union Rah Rah people? They didn't even talk about the contract at our Local's meeting. And when they do...they tell nothing but untruths. They are talking up this contract like it is soooo wonderful. I want to join Local 89. They are what the Union should be. They stood up to the almighty Hoffa and rejected this contract proposal. It sucks! The Union isn't informing the members and then you want to know why part timers don't vote. Half of them probably don't even know we are in a contract negotiation. You are right about one thing.....IT IS A JOKE!!

Stratocaster

Local 804's meeting had a pretty good turnout, considering that the meeting was pushed up to 8am. There were no seats left, and members had to stand in the back.

RealPerson

Disgusting.

Most people I talked to, don't like they way they are treated at our Local. They don't like the praise Obama setting. They don't like their questions not being answered, or 2 opposing answers given to 2 different people.

Most feel like it isn't going to do any good anyway, they just accept what is given to them. That their vote wont count, and they are afraid if voted down it will get worse for the TA.

Some also do not want to make waves, then get less of representation if needed later down the road...

Yep!

RealPerson

Oh I should add most of the PT's in my building can't even vote., or don't care to been there less than a year. Our turnover rate is so high, ha..

You can go driving in my Local in 6 Months.....

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Our meeting was very good. The turn out was good in a large hall most chairs were taken (by no means did all 1200 UPS employees show up) The main topic was the health care and questions asked were answered or they were submitted in writting and answered in the form of a letter that went out to all members and recieved a few days later. Most of the complaining I hear are from members who couldn't or wouldn't find their way to the meeting that was held @ 10AM on a Saturday morning.

Really Union Rah Rah people? They didn't even talk about the contract at our Local's meeting. And when they do...they tell nothing but untruths. They are talking up this contract like it is soooo wonderful. I want to join Local 89. They are what the Union should be. They stood up to the almighty Hoffa and rejected this contract proposal. It sucks! The Union isn't informing the members and then you want to know why part timers don't vote. Half of them probably don't even know we are in a contract negotiation. You are right about one thing.....IT IS A JOKE!!
To bad the boys of local 89 didn't stand up at the two man meeting. Then they would have showed their strength. Instead they did it a week later behind closed doors. What a joke. They are some real bad asses. You are about as big an asskicker as they are. You do it annomiously and so do they..... IT IS A JOKE!!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
To bad the boys of local 89 didn't stand up at the two man meeting. Then they would have showed their strength. Instead they did it a week later behind closed doors. What a joke. They are some real bad asses. You are about as big an asskicker as they are. You do it annomiously and so do they..... IT IS A JOKE!!
Who cares if they stood up an protested the TA at the marble palace. They are standing up now. I support local 89. They are not hiding. Trust me, Hoffa knows just who they are and where they are located. Local 89 is a solid NO vote. I believe they are the largest UPS teamster local in the nation. Feel free to correct that last statement if not true.

Who cares if they stood up an protested the TA at the marble palace. They are standing up now. I support local 89. They are not hiding. Trust me, Hoffa knows just who they are and where they are located. Local 89 is a solid NO vote. I believe they are the largest UPS teamster local in the nation. Feel free to correct that last statement if not true.
Who cares bitch this TA will pass without them.