Too easy for UPS drivers to steal!

John19841

I'll admit it, you caught us. You figured it out. We are adding to the package count just so we can say you signed for 4 boxes when you really got 3. The bigger conspiracy is what happened to the tracking number on that 4th non existent package. It' also us taking that gnome out of your front yard. As you know, we're all conspiring thieves, and having the access we do, not only can we make you sign for fictitious packages, we can also take what we please from your yard while you're at work.

And you better not get anything delivered by Fed Ex either, or well take that when we bring your package to the house. Seeing another Fed Ex box is like a freebie to us. No ones going to question a UPS guy walking from the house with a box.

Who you should really be scared of though is that there sneaky mailman. He's been taking one letter from your pile every other day for years. After all,
who would know?

robot

Has A Large Member
If you're paranoid about the number of packages you sign for, sign the number of packages next to your signature. I've had a few customers do that.

A

anonymous6

It's already been answered, but the question was whether or not UPS can add additional packages to your signature after you sign and the driver walks away..

package drivers are small time crooks. i'm in feeder, i.e . the big rigs. they let us put the seals on the trailer. before going to sacramento, i stop by my house and unload a dozen packages a day. jewelry, pharma, etc.

here's the kicker. i send the booty via UPS to my brother in Alaska.

my retirement, you might say.

old levi's

blank space
Can a UPS driver please answer this question for me?? I found a video online that says UPS drivers can change the package count number and add more packages to your signature even after you sign. If this is true, then there is no way to dispute it because they have your signature saying that you signed for and received it! IS THIS LEGAL!?! -----NO! It is not! The ESIGN act of June 2000 says that electronic signatures should be accurate and accessible, however they offer me no receipt at the time of delivery to prove I only signed for so many. They just tell you to use tracking, but by the time the tracking is updated, they could have already changed it and then it's too late.. THIS ALREADY HAS HAPPENED 3 TIMES AT MY WORK!!!!

Are you missing packages or is this all hypothetical?

old levi's

blank space
I'll admit it, you caught us. You figured it out. We are adding to the package count just so we can say you signed for 4 boxes when you really got 3. The bigger conspiracy is what happened to the tracking number on that 4th non existent package. It' also us taking that gnome out of your front yard. As you know, we're all conspiring thieves, and having the access we do, not only can we make you sign for fictitious packages, we can also take what we please from your yard while you're at work.

And you better not get anything delivered by Fed Ex either, or well take that when we bring your package to the house. Seeing another Fed Ex box is like a freebie to us. No ones going to question a UPS guy walking from the house with a box.

Who you should really be scared of though is that there sneaky mailman. He's been taking one letter from your pile every other day for years. After all,
who would know?

Been waiting for someone to mention this crucial point.

kingOFchester

If you're paranoid about the number of packages you sign for, sign the number of packages next to your signature. I've had a few customers do that.
Ditto, I have ran into a few of these too.

I do know of a driver that does change the package count at times. He/she will do this when they have an air that they may not get off on time.....due to delivering grounds with airs at other stops. They will sheet and complete the air b4 10:30, sign what I do not know. Then when they get to this business later, with the grounds, they change the count to match the air they are delivering with the grounds. This way if the receiver counts the packages it matches the amount in the diad. Dumb move and will probably come back to bite the driver in the future. Then again the driver may be a runner and gunner.

Last edited:

Dragon

Package Center Manager
and on more than one of these occasions it was an employee of the company in question that had either stolen or misplaced the package after signing for it. SOBERUPS

This is exactly what happened to your packages the last 3 times..as you stated.

CharleyHustle

I had an everyother day QVC customer down a half mile pot-holed and rutted driveway with two dogs that tried to heard the truck and then me when I tried to get out to make the delivery. After a while I would just drive in with the horn blaring and get close to one of the many junk piles on their walk and garage and toss them out in a dr bag. Well one day I get in and the boss says he has a complaint from said customer and (are you ready?) he said I stole his DOG! I mean, really?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I will admit to using the old "change the number" trick a few years back at a warehouse that got defective merchandise returns from all of the old Payless drug stores. The guy who worked there was nice enough, but a bit.....slow. You could line up 15 packages on the floor and he would count them 3 times and come up with 3 different wrong answers. So I would scan the packages, he would count them, and whatever number he came up with would be the number I would type in for him to look at. After all....the customer is always right. And this was back in the days of DIAD I, before EDD or GPS or package-level detail even existed.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I can never believe ppl are so self-important that they think a driver actually cares to have their crap. I'm working my hardest to get rid of the stuff.

I know of one driver who was terminated for theft, and it was massive. He was dropping the stuff off at his house. He got prison time for it.

I know of a couple drivers erroneously accused, and eventually cleared.

I know of MANY customers who flat out lie to say they haven't received a package (ie the guy who signed the DFU while wearing the shoes he didn't receive), who lie about the weight and/or dimensions of packages they are shipping, and who lie about contents so as to skirt law and fees for adult signature service.