Too much business SORRY

fdxsux

"Because it's extra work for me."
I get paid by the hour. If you want to pay me to scan every package individually instead of scanning one barcode and moving on to the next stop it’s fine with me. It’s actually less work for me. Just a waste of time and money is all.

falcon back

I get paid by the hour. If you want to pay me to scan every package individually instead of scanning one barcode and moving on to the next stop it’s fine with me. It’s actually less work for me. Just a waste of time and money is all.
Customers want THEIR package scanned, not every package traveling with their package. What if a package gets scanned to the wrong cons tag, then all scan info is lost.
Speaking of waste of time. Sounds like hiring you was a waste of time. I imagine you lead the station in missed vans and missing POD's.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Evidently the P2 to Ground project was an abysmal failure. Our station has received 20+ new vans, and is offering 6 internal full time upgrades plus 6 external full time positions, effective immediately. All full time routes will go to an 8 hour shift with no overtime. The transfer of freight to Ground will end in Nov/Dec this year.

I guess we're NOT all Ground now.

bacha29

Evidently the P2 to Ground project was an abysmal failure. Our station has received 20+ new vans, and is offering 6 internal full time upgrades plus 6 external full time positions, effective immediately. All full time routes will go to an 8 hour shift with no overtime. The transfer of freight to Ground will end in Nov/Dec this year.

While it is just one terminal among thousands if what you're saying about a redirection of X freight back to X is true, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

When it comes to Ground what you have to understand is that it is such a poor setup. However, you can get by with it as long is you stayed within the narrow operating channel it was designed to operate in. But, Fat Freddy desperate for margins and returns has it trying to cover multiple markets and applications resulting in a situation where it's doing a lot of different things but none of them very well.

It will be fine

They told us about a month ago that express volume was going back for peak and it would resume in January.

bacha29

They told us about a month ago that express volume was going back for peak and it would resume in January.
Among the numerous reasons for sending it back to Express is the anticipated dire shortage of tarps given that the rats got into the ones they piled up in the corner of the lot after peak and chewed holes all through them .

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
We were told that the utter failure of Ground to deliver what they promised meant that the experiment failed. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that purchasing trucks on the scale that Express has would not happen for a temporary suspension of the bleed off. That, and the hiring of that many personnel says your optimism is wasted.

It will be fine

We were told that the utter failure of Ground to deliver what they promised meant that the experiment failed. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that purchasing trucks on the scale that Express has would not happen for a temporary suspension of the bleed off. That, and the hiring of that many personnel says your optimism is wasted.
The corporate communication laid out a schedule for the volume leaving our network and returning in January. Your station bought some trucks. I’ll stick with the corporate communication until that changes.

falcon back

The corporate communication laid out a schedule for the volume leaving our network and returning in January. Your station bought some trucks. I’ll stick with the corporate communication until that changes.
Isn't it funny the complainers whine and say the company never does what they say will happen. Then the company lays out a schedule of how the transfer of freight will work and the same whiners complain when the company follows the plan they announced earlier.

fdxsux

Customers want THEIR package scanned, not every package traveling with their package. What if a package gets scanned to the wrong cons tag, then all scan info is lost.
Speaking of waste of time. Sounds like hiring you was a waste of time. I imagine you lead the station in missed vans and missing POD's.
I don’t think customers care if their package is scanned individually or not as long as when they look up the tracking it shows it’s been picked up. Again, if it was a big deal everybody would be doing it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

It's not a waste, but feel free to mistakenly think otherwise.

59 Dano

Had nothing to do with unprecedented surges in both networks due to a global pandemic just as the rollout began.

59 Dano

I don’t think customers care if their package is scanned individually or not as long as when they look up the tracking it shows it’s been picked up. Again, if it was a big deal everybody would be doing it.

And if it was the waste that you claim it is, no one would be doing it.

It will be fine

Isn't it funny the complainers whine and say the company never does what they say will happen. Then the company lays out a schedule of how the transfer of freight will work and the same whiners complain when the company follows the plan they announced earlier.
It doesn’t really matter much to me. There hasn’t been a huge amount of volume from Express. A handful of stops per route and we’re paid at the low e-commerce rate for them. Shifting the volume back to express for peak makes sense to me, abandoning the plan after a few months doesn’t.