Too much business SORRY

vantexan

What I said was clear, you chose to misinterpret it.

"Ground is very important and profitable" does not equal "Ground is being pushed over Express."
And I didn't say it was being pushed over Express. Being told to push Ground is just logical. You think our CSA's and other personnel haven't been told to bring up Ground as an alternative? Really?

El Morado Diablo

Is this a legitimate concern or is it just something that you just don't want to make the effort to do?

Absolutely.

Any suggestion or effort to fix it falls on deaf ears, as proven by your own response. It's amazing how many good ideas I've heard over the years suggested to Mgrs, Sr Mgrs and DM's. Their typical response is, "What do you want me to do about it?

If any company wanted to learn how to lessen the engagement of their workforce they should take lessons from FedEx.

fdxsux

I remember the good ol' days here when people would post about how petty it was for managers to point out 15 minutes of unexplained gaps on a courier's gap report. Now it's, "But those 3 seconds per stop will bankrupt the company!!!"
Just another example of Fedex inefficiency, that’s all.

fdxsux

They don’t have a possession scan. It’s like our system that shows shipment information sent to FedEx. If something goes missing without an actual possession scan the shipper SOL.
I think if it were as big a problem as you are making it out to be UPS wouldn’t be doing it. It’s just a much more efficient way to pup bulk stops.

It will be fine

What value does it add? Whether I scan a cons tag or individual tracking numbers it will show the package as picked up. There is no value..only time lost.
Claims are denied when there is no actual possession scan. Where are you getting lost? I can’t count how many times sales has called me to verify that scanning every package is feasible at a pickup because the potential customer is asking for it specifically.

bacha29

If a customer wants Ground service, they’ll just say “go ahead and tarp it.”
The shipper has nothing to worry about as long as there's an Olli's Bargain Outlet near the hub or terminal along the shipment's route. Why? You see Olli's always has an very nice selection of tarps on stock and they come in a variety of sizes and colors. From small pallet cover sizes all the way up to covering loaded trailers with leaky roofs that have been parked and forgotten for days at the far end of the lot along with sizes that can cover the entire parking lot.

BTW Don't know if you guys have seen the AP story. Right now there's 5 trailers fully loaded with priority mail sitting at a USPS sort hub somewhere in Northeastern Pennsylvania. Let's see Dejohn try to bull feces his way around this one.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And I didn't say it was being pushed over Express. Being told to push Ground is just logical. You think our CSA's and other personnel haven't been told to bring up Ground as an alternative? Really?

Do you understand the difference between pushing Ground and presenting it as an option?

El Morado Diablo

Because it isn't anything more than a slight inconvenience, if that.

What makes you think they were good ideas?

As I said, treating employees with a dismissive attitude is par for the course for FedEx management.
How is it that someone didn't punch you in the face when you were a manager?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
As I said, treating employees with a dismissive attitude is par for the course for FedEx management.
How is it that someone didn't punch you in the face when you were a manager?

You say they were good ideas as though you're speaking factually. Here's a secret: just because it sounds like a good idea doesn't mean it is.

I always asked employees why they thought their ideas were good. It was a good way to weed out those that were purely self-serving and get insight to how a person sees the operation, the station, the company, etc. as applicable. LOTS of idea were self-serving to one degree or another, purposefully or not.

From there we talked about how an idea would work, both in theory vs reality. From there, we talked about other implications -all changes affect other parts of the operation- and if the tradeoffs would be worth it should the idea work out as planned. And so forth.

That's why no one punched me in the face, and only a redneck fool would ask such a question. I treated people like adults and helped them understand how the process works. Sorry that such an approach bothers you.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I always asked employees why they thought their ideas were good. It was a good way to weed out those that were purely self-serving and get insight to how a person sees the operation, the station, the company, etc. as applicable. LOTS of idea were self-serving to one degree or another, purposefully or not.
Got news for you, ALL ideas that either come from sales, managers, corporate or Fat Freddy are ALL self-serving.

Cactus

From there we talked about how an idea would work, both in theory vs reality. From there, we talked about other implications -all changes affect other parts of the operation- and if the tradeoffs would be worth it should the idea work out as planned. And so forth.

That's why no one punched me in the face, and only a redneck fool would ask such a question. I treated people like adults and helped them understand how the process works. Sorry that such an approach bothers you.
And you expect us to believe that bunch of BS?

Management is told by corporate to ignore suggestions from the workforce. Their main focus is the sort, conference calls and reports. The deaf ears are slapped on a soon as a courier is about to suggest anything.

falcon back

And you expect us to believe that bunch of BS?

Management is told by corporate to ignore suggestions from the workforce. Their main focus is the sort, conference calls and reports. The deaf ears are slapped on a soon as a courier is about to suggest anything.
Maybe if you weren't such a dim wad, your suggestions might have been taken seriously. No manager is gonna consider a suggestion from a useless, whining employee.

Cactus

Maybe if you weren't such a dim wad, your suggestions might have been taken seriously. No manager is gonna consider a suggestion from a useless, whining employee.
Speaking of not taken seriously, anything you post about your so called FedEx employment is nothing but a big joke since you supposedly “retired” after your wife won the lottery. I’ll bet you got fired.

Assbag.