Too much business SORRY

vantexan

As Reagan would say "There you go again". The shipper pays for delivery with a day and time in mind. Not a particular OPCO. When I am in a FDX Office location and a customer wants to ship, I usually hear our agent say"When do you need it there". I have never heard them ask "Do you want Express or Ground to deliver your package"
Doesn't matter. As of right now the only Express pkgs being touched by Ground are the "last mile" deliveries. You can argue all day that Ground can pickup, transport, and deliver Express pkgs but until it actually starts happening it's theory on your part. Seriously, if FedEx could ramp up profits by having Ground handle everything but the flying of pkgs which can't be trucked in time, don't you think they would have done it by now?

vantexan

When I am in a FDX Office location and a customer wants to ship, I usually hear our agent say"When do you need it there". I have never heard them ask "Do you want Express or Ground to deliver your package"
And then the agent charges them for the particular Express service. When they ask how soon they need it they aren't talking which OPCO but they may bring up that it can be shipped Ground for much less. No doubt they are told to push Ground because it's more profitable.

falcon back

Doesn't matter. As of right now the only Express pkgs being touched by Ground are the "last mile" deliveries. You can argue all day that Ground can pickup, transport, and deliver Express pkgs but until it actually starts happening it's theory on your part. Seriously, if FedEx could ramp up profits by having Ground handle everything but the flying of pkgs which can't be trucked in time, don't you think they would have done it by now?
It will happen and when it does, I am sure legal will find the particular Walmart you are sleeping at and confirm that it is not a legal issue for Ground to deliver packages next day or 2 day.

vantexan

It will happen and when it does, I am sure legal will find the particular Walmart you are sleeping at and confirm that it is not a legal issue for Ground to deliver packages next day or 2 day.
Until it does it's speculation on your part. You and Dano think FedEx can do whatever it wants to but so far they seem to know their limitations.

falcon back

Until it does it's speculation on your part. You and Dano think FedEx can do whatever it wants to but so far they seem to know their limitations.
If you were as good at planning for retirement as you are at spreading negativity, you would be retired in the Bahamas instead of behind the local Walmart

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If you were as good at planning for retirement as you are at spreading negativity, you would be retired in the Bahamas instead of behind the local Walmart
Look at you. You’re idea of retirement is an imaginary winning lottery ticket your wife supposedly bought. Have fun slaving away for Fred with your dead-end job.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yes, we've all heard about the magical 50 to 500 hourly employees in Memphis who tell FedEx how great the Reach's are, and how awesome the LEO's are, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, why punch the same things over and over again when you don't have to? UPS scans the barcode and that's it. We can do that with the FedEx ship stuff (if it doesn't require you to relabel it). We have to hand enter all the paper airbills, return labels, etc. They don't even have the "Same as last" feature to save time. Those seconds used to matter

Is this a legitimate concern or is it just something that you just don't want to make the effort to do?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
3 or 4 seconds x 100 stops x 40,000 couriers x 365 days a year x $20/hr. Adds up.

I remember the good ol' days here when people would post about how petty it was for managers to point out 15 minutes of unexplained gaps on a courier's gap report. Now it's, "But those 3 seconds per stop will bankrupt the company!!!"

vantexan

Which begs the question why aren't you in your ancient state living in the Bahamas instead of delivering pkgs?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
are you using sansaware on all packages? we only have them on a few packages.
Only “high value” packages. That’s because the added value to the shipper hasn’t been marketed yet.

Ignore and forget all the sensaware tags you’ll see littering the cans and belt area. As long as the sale was made, we’re golden.