"Top 10 Reasons To Vote No" Information Is Now Obsolete

F

Frankie's Friend

I dont know if you are missing anything.... but you are making stuff up.

What does the ceo have to do with the teamsters?
What do the Teamsters have to do with company money?

Crying the blues about money at negotiating time are they?

That's what draws the CEO's compensation into the fray....

The money.

TTKU

What do the Teamsters have to do with company money?

Crying the blues about money at negotiating time are they?

That's what draws the CEO's compensation into the fray....

The money.

TTKU
The teamsters now negotiate with the board of directors?

BrownRecycler

Helpful to this not helpful thread.

The point of this thread was that the Top 10 information were outdated. And, it comes to my attention that few Teamsters ignored the newly updated change and decided to continue publishing the outdated information - at least I know that some 4 years old driver want to go ahead and double down with misinformation to drum up their self-served interest. There is nothing wrong having a self-interest but misinformation and publishing any way is petty.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

The point of this thread was that the Top 10 information were outdated. And, it comes to my attention that few Teamsters ignored the newly updated change and decided to continue publishing the outdated information.
I was jerking your chain.
Keep the filibuster alive.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The point of this thread was that the Top 10 information were outdated. And, it comes to my attention that few Teamsters ignored the newly updated change and decided to continue publishing the outdated information - at least I know that some 4 years old driver want to go ahead and double down with misinformation to drum up their self-served interest. There is nothing wrong having a self-interest but misinformation and publishing any way is petty.

The real problem of making a informed decision on this contract is the constant misinformation (lies) and lack of concrete answers to how these 22.4s will be used. Apparently the only language regarding these new positions is in the Master. As far as I know no regional supplemental or rider language exists that clarifies any of the concerns over the possibility of losing seniority rights by creating this new classification. It is all politics, always has been and always will, doing the right thing went out the window decades ago. It is all self interest and protecting your piece of your own turf and to hell with the rest (Us 4 no More) attitude prevalent among the ranks and file to go with the flow

All the company has to do is eliminate the "If work is Available" clause in the master and the problem is solved. Even with that this contract will create a minor league package car driving position, paid less and worked harder and longer. Sure it feeds the (Teamster's controlled Pension and Health and Welfare Plans) and may provide a slim hope of a young part timer willing to make a career out of it, but at what cost. This is a concession plain and simple, the question is are we getting enough from the rest of the contract to justify it?

BrownRecycler

The real problem of making a informed decision on this contract is the constant misinformation (lies) and lack of concrete answers to how these 22.4s will be used. Apparently the only language regarding these new positions is in the Master. As far as I know no regional supplemental or rider language exists that clarifies any of the concerns over the possibility of losing seniority rights by creating this new classification. It is all politics, always has been and always will, doing the right thing went out the window decades ago. It is all self interest and protecting your piece of your own turf and to hell with the rest (Us 4 no More) attitude prevalent among the ranks and file to go with the flow

All the company has to do is eliminate the "If work is Available" clause in the master and the problem is solved. Even with that this contract will create a minor league package car driving position, paid less and worked harder and longer. Sure it feeds the (Teamster's controlled Pension and Health and Welfare Plans) and may provide a slim hope of a young part timer willing to make a career out of it, but at what cost. This is a concession plain and simple, the question is are we getting enough from the rest of the contract to justify it?

Someone posted their local supplement addressing the 22.4 in this forum.

It does looks interesting.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I do remember something to that effect on this site, for the life of me I do not recall which Supplement. I believe it was out east somewhere.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver

They were pushing the "vote No" when there wasn't even negotiations or a Contract to look at.

BrownRecycler

They were pushing the "vote No" when there wasn't even negotiations or a Contract to look at.

Yes, and that's was fine. But, now, when they did address it, they double down and keep posting.

They were politely asked to take it down and refuse it. So, that's what they meant when Teamsters says that some do not have your best interest. It is a information sorting issues.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
You are on the list unless you request off

You'll be able to opt onto the 9.5 list on jan15th and again on July 15th. 9.5 list will be handled by the union no more telling your center manager you want on the list.

A 22.4 driver can get on the list? WOW, that is new up dated information! Thank you BrownRecycler!!

In my building they hired 4 new drivers in 2017 and maybe that many in 2018. The 25% rule means that every driver hired until the next contract will be 22.4's!

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
A 22.4 driver can get on the list? WOW, that is new up dated information! Thank you BrownRecycler!!

In my building they hired 4 new drivers in 2017 and maybe that many in 2018. The 25% rule means that every driver hired until the next contract will be 22.4's!

I believe Brownrecycler was responding about package drivers. The thread has discussed drivers and not 22.4 but it is a concern about them not being able to go 9.5. I would say that anyone in progression is not entitled as a package driver anyway unless they meet the additional requirements of the same route, etc. I would also suggest that seniority allows a more senior person should be able to do less hours on route. seniority, as my building has been arguing for years, for requesting less or more O/T and it usually works that way. Having said that, the Company does have an opportunity to abuse it as it is written.