Top rate

542thruNthru

You’re from cali. We understand why you’d be an anti American, flag burning, commie

awesome_commie.gif

CalDrvr06

It's all about the $ bro. 1st thing and last thing u get taken care of a this place..and that other thing they talk about every once in awhile starts with a S...

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
But progression is same across country.

It may be, but I doubt it. Some pension funds require a funding requirement of additional money over what has been negotiated. I'm sure it isn't that much but those extra funds have to come out of the negotiated amount. For example: a new guy makes $21 an hour under the new contract and his pension rate is $5, if the pension plan says we need an additional 5 cents as part of our plan to recover, the driver would now make $20.95 an hour and the other nickel goes to pension along with the $5. Same with increase in health benefits. NOTE: unless there is additional language in the supplement that says the company will cover the pension or benefits increase.

It may be, but I doubt it. Some pension funds require a funding requirement of additional money over what has been negotiated. I'm sure it isn't that much but those extra funds have to come out of the negotiated amount. For example: a new guy makes $21 an hour under the new contract and his pension rate is $5, if the pension plan says we need an additional 5 cents as part of our plan to recover, the driver would now make $20.95 an hour and the other nickel goes to pension along with the $5. Same with increase in health benefits. NOTE: unless there is additional language in the supplement that says the company will cover the pension or benefits increase.
What's BS about that is the company gets to pocket the overtime money you lose when that happens. It shouldn't be a reduction in your hourly rate it should an assessment on your payroll deductions.