Top Terrorist Death

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I just watched the news conference discussing the cause of death of Jordanian- born Al Qaeda leader Abu Nusab al Zarqaia. He died about fifty minutes after US Air Force friend-16s dropped a couple of 500 pound bombs on the "safe house" he was meeting his spiritual adviser at. US Army General Caldwell announced that he lived through the initial blast, and was pulled from the wreckage by local police before Allied-American forces reached the scene about thirty minutes later. He passed away from internal lung damaged caused by the blast concussion. He tried to get off the stretcher when he recognized he was about to be captured by American forces, but died as Medics began to give medical care to him.

I say good riddance, this man was an animal who had no compassion for human life. Some other nut case will step forward to take his place, no way will this end the violence there. Another news source said that he had just got through training three hundred other terrorist in Iraq, so more attacks are sure to come.

I hope that the intelligence gathered at the scene will help round up more of his kind. His death is a big win for the Iraqi and American forces. He was responsible for beheading helpless prisoners, many suicide and roadside bombings, and being the main organizer against the new Iraqi government. The bad part, he has probably killed more Moslem's than the "infidels" in the internal tribal warfare between the Sunni and Shiite Moslem's. All in all, hopefully his death will be a turning point in this conflict, allowing the Iraqis to take control of their country so we can start bringing our forces home.

wily_old_vet

Scratch-I agree with you wholeheartedly. Bet he was surprised to find himself in hell instead of with those 72 virgins. He deserved to die and I'm glad he knew it was us that got him before he died.:w00t:

wkmac

http://www.lewrockwell.com/hornberger/hornberger90.html

You may not agree with the opinion offered but what I found interesting was the thought that in the last couple of decades 2 of our major military endeavors have been to remove former CIA employees from their job! And that's a fact.

Word of advice to foreigners thinking of doing bid-ness with the CIA. It's like Hotel California.

"you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave!"

O

Oh Yea

wily_old_vet said:
Bet he was surprised to find himself in hell instead of with those 72 virgins.

he's finally met Bush face to face
albeit Grandpa Prescott

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]If, on the other hand, Americans want to eliminate the supply of drug lords and the supply of terrorists and restore a stable, prosperous, and free society to our land, there is but one way to accomplish that: by ending the war on drugs [/FONT]

So lemme see if I follow that line of thought. Quit busting drug dealers and the drug dealers will cease to exist? And the establishment of a free society is Dependant on this ceasing of the war on drugs?

What a novel Idea. But totally misguided. Its kinda like child sexual abuse. Ignore it, allow it and make it legal, and it will go away, right?

Wrong is wrong, regardless if you make it OK or not. It still is wrong.

But on the other hand, the CIA has used drugs and the money from drugs to install and remove people that benefit their purpose. And when needed, they have used the US military for that purpose. In the last 50 years, most of the fights that the US military has gotten themselves into were started by and overseen by the CIA.

Most people in the world know this, and many have seen it first hand.

And while in some cases the end result has been satisfactory, in many areas it has not. And in those areas, anti American sentiments are high. Even though officially America had nothing to do with the problems there.

d

tieguy

Banned
And that point is probably about the only worthwhile one in that article.

Stopping the war on terrorism is unrealistic unless we can also committ our entire nation to a vow of poverty. One of the factors I believe getting us our attention is the wealth of this country and probably the arrogance with which we flex it.

The lesson we learn with the CIA putting despots into power is an old one. Power corrupts. Once we put the jackal into power we no longer have the leverage to tell him what he should do and how he should do it. At that point we are either forced to remove him or deal with it.

Isolationism on our part does not work as WWII showed. At the same time I'm not crazy about being the worlds police force. We have to find a better way and its clear that giving eveyone financial grants to play nice is not working well either.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I thought the author was being more than a bit simplistic. Comparing the War on Terror to the War on Drugs is no more valid than comparing drug use to pedophilia (c'mon Danny, that was a bit much :rolleyes:). They are vastly different problems with vastly different solutions. It's not just that isolationism won't solve the problem. Even if it could, it's not a practical solution in that the US can't afford it, too much of our economy is dependent upon globalisation and engagement.

tieguy

Banned
double_standard said:
maybe theres still hope

One of those political quirks possibly unique to Afghanistan. Leaders often win wars by influencing the leaders or generals of opposing armies to switch sides.

wkmac

Well this was the big story this morning.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/23/miami.raids/index.html

Also military officials announced this morning the capture of a top Al Qaeda official in Iraq.

What I've heard so far on the raid in Miami suggests these guys aren't true Al Qaeda but followers of OBL and wanna be's at the least. Be interesting to watch as this situation develops to see just what these guys were all about!

moreluck

golden ticket member
"to see just what these guys were all about!"

wkmac......these guys are basically idiots and they got caught and now will most likely face the death penalty for crimes against America. If the FBI had not infiltrated this group, it scares me to think what might have happened. Also, how many other "groups" are out there planning something and the FBI isn't aware of them. It's scary if you think about it too much.

wkmac

moreluck said:
wkmac......these guys are basically idiots and they got caught and now will most likely face the death penalty for crimes against America. If the FBI had not infiltrated this group, it scares me to think what might have happened. Also, how many other "groups" are out there planning something and the FBI isn't aware of them. It's scary if you think about it too much.

Slow down moreluck. Death penalty is an option only in the case of a capital crime and to my knowledge nobody had died at their hands. Are you thinking treason? Legal research on this matter would suggest the precedense for that isn't there either. Just very recent examples would be activities of many groups here in America associated with various aspects of the so-called American Patriot movement or the actions of racially motivated folks like Ayran Nations. In many of those cases, the only time the death penalty came into play was when an actual loss of life had occurred. Many of these groups made no bones about their feeling toward's Washington DC and the overall direction of America.

In the late 80's, there was a major Sedition Trial conducted by the US Justice department in Ft. Smith Arkansas where various leaders of the Income Tax Revolt, Individualist Seperatist Movement and various racial causes were all indicted, lumped together as one and charged with Sedition as well as other charges. Sedition is but the thinness of a hair from Treason and the gov't never went that route but also to my delight, all 19 defendants were found innocent by the jury. Only if you understand the greater implications of such a legal precedense and the dynamics of the game that the Dept. of Justice was playing at the time will you ever begin to understand not only my delight but the delight by a large segment in the legal community. The senior partner in the law firm my wife works for is the biggest law and order guy there is and is a hardcore Republican and oh yes he an I love to do verbal battle and he also hates seeing me in his law library (it's hate with a hidden gleeful smile) and even he was very critical of this action by the gov't. He also wholeheartedly supports the war on terror and the current actions in the Mid-East.

We are a nation of precedense and what becomes established either by actions in the courts or as a matter of public policy is nearly impossible to rid itself of especially the longer it stays in place. If you look over the course of time and the actions of our society, the vast majority of programs and action of gov't never end as a bureacracy grows around it and becomes so attached to the foundation of state that's it's impossible to remove without inflicting larger damage to the vehicle of State.

I won't disagree these clowns are idiots, slimballs even and in the end may be very bad individuals. I myself might want to shot them too. However, before we shoot them in the street we better consider what the longterm implications of that act is and how it can be construed in many ways over the years of time. What will that act now mean for your grandchildren or my kids in 20, 30 or 40 years? It's not an easy answer if you're honest so don't be so quick to do so!

JMO.

tieguy

Banned
In the late 80's, there was a major Sedition Trial conducted by the US Justice department in Ft. Smith Arkansas where various leaders of the Income Tax Revolt, Individualist Seperatist Movement and various racial causes were all indicted, lumped together as one and charged with Sedition as well as other charges. Sedition is but the thinness of a hair from Treason and the gov't never went that route but also to my delight, all 19 defendants were found innocent by the jury.

Lest I become a defender of taxation , there is a chance that leaders of a tax revolt are actually engaging in the act of sedition. In a perfect world free of any government the rules of cavemen would apply and these fine upstanding citizens would not be guilty of sedition. No in such a world the caveman with the biggest club would collect taxes as he saw fit. Not a perfect world but free of government and the oppressive police, IRS and governing bodies. However if we do agree that we need some type of government and that we may occasionally have to fix our roads, or protect our citizenry from the caveman with the big club then we would probably agree that we have to hire someone to manage the business of government and we will probably have to collect some type of taxes to pay for what the government will do. The debate about how much government and how much in taxes is what seperates us. the concept that we can somehow all live together without any government perhaps a little extreme. So if we can all agree that at least some government is warranted , some taxes required to pay for the common good then any effort to organize a revolt against any funding of government could realistically be an act of sedition.

Perhaps even treason.

tieguy

Banned
By the way rumor has it susie stalked the guy but never turned him in. She found she and Al had a common bond in their hatred for americans. :lol: