Total knee replacement

HubBub

I parkour roll out the truck. Distributes the impact throughout my whole body instead of just my knees. I may need a shoulder/neck replacement some day, but I plan on keeping my knees nice and supple. FYI.

Packmule

Only guy I know that had both knees done retired shortly thereafter.
I changed to a rural route 8 years ago because I got told I'd need my right knee rebuilt if I didn't make changes.
25 years of metro routes did its damage. Glad UPS demands we use handrails and walk these days. Needed to do that years ago.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I use knee pads.

Had driver come back after knee surgery. No issues.
I use knee pads.

Had driver come back after knee surgery. No issues.
imagesSGZS390B.jpg
Always put a smile on my face with them lil comebacks, funny shiznitt Inde lol.

brostalss

Ask your Orthopedic Doctor about Synvisc-One injections for the knees. Insurance covers if you have arthritis of the knees.

Most of us Drivers who experience a burning or tightness in the knees is is a condition call Chondromilatia.

Sunvisc does relieve the pain from Chondromilatia but insurance will not approve coverage.

The real bad news is Synvisc is about $600 a knee.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Any drivers out there have any problems coming back after a knee replacement??
I ran a thread in another area of this site that documented my experiences with my second knee replacement. You might find it interesting. Everyone's experiences with knee replacement will be different but for me it was a quality of life saver. I walk more driveways and my numbers are such that I tend to be off the radar.

mreed171

I am having synvisc done on the 20th for the right knee then on December 2nd left knee surgery for torn lateral and menial meniscus tears. Why rehabbing the left knee I can see if the synvisc works for the right knee.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I am having synvisc done on the 20th for the right knee then on December 2nd left knee surgery for torn lateral and menial meniscus tears. Why rehabbing the left knee I can see if the synvisc works for the right knee.
I usually do 1 cortisone shot a year in the 1 knee I had meniscus surgery on. Usually only get it when I have a thin layer of fluid on my knee. Youll be able to tell when its time for the cortisone shot cause youll have that pain shooting right on your knee cap. Definitely not recommended to do too many shots in 1 year is what the doctors say anyway. Just maintenance to get me to retirement in 12.5 years. Eventually I know im a need it replaced after years of this job, baseball, softball, football, lacrosse, and tennis. Go hard or go home lol.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have excruciating pain, every since I got put back in a manual vehicle where you had to push the clutch to China. I have mine back now, been 3 Months and I still walk like an old person. It isnt actually my knee, it is behind my knee. I am not a person who rushes to a doctor, to me it seems to be a varicose vein, is that possible? Once I am moving I am fine. All my injuries were at work. I was a high jumper in HS but thats it, and when it was too high, ....I bailed.

brown bomber

brown bomber
I was diagnosed w/ a Bakers Cyst behind my left knee years before the knee replacement, the knee felt stiff all the time and had swelling behind the knee, unfortunately it's something you'll have to deal with,..if you drain the cyst it just refills and returns,..hopefully your situation is repairable

i was diagnosed