Total Service Disruption today?

Purplepackage

Got our freight 2 hours late today, missing 75% of our Saturday stuff and the rest was Fridays/Thursday’s.

Monday will be a :censored2:show for sure..and that will just make the rest of the week just as bad

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So most of the freight is late today. I took out a few FO and now manager wants me to take break while waiting for freight. Um, no. Her response, Okay, go home then.
I know she’s going to try to not pay me my four hours show up time. Sighhhh. I’m so tired of fighting.

You're owed four hours. The time you were on the clock is OT. The rest of it that's required to make up the four hours is straight time.

Star B

White Lightening
Plane showed up at midnight last night. The only thing that's rolling is SDR freight and whatever didn't make it. However, the route I ran today was only missing 4 so not bad.

The sucky thing is that I'm not on that route on Monday and that route doesn't have SDR delivery, so he will have a light monday. The route I'm swinging on next week does have SDR...

Oldfart

You're owed four hours. The time you were on the clock is OT. The rest of it that's required to make up the four hours is straight time.
She said she declined to take a break and go back onroad later. If you turn down work, your guarantee will be waived. She should get OT for the time she worked and no guarantee.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hmm. I’ve never heard it done that way. I’ll see how my manager handles it on Monday.

Unless there's a state law to override it, report-in pay is straight time. I also need to clarify something. I said you were owed four hours. That might not be true. If you signed up for a shift that isn't normally a four hour shift, you wouldn't get the full four hours. For example, it's a 3.5 hour shift and you work 3.5 hours - no report-in pay. It's a 3.5 hour shift and you work 2 hours - you get 1.5 hours of report-in pay.

If your situation counts as you turning down available work, you don't get the report-in pay.

Report-in pay does count toward the calculation of OT for the week. If it bumps your hours up over 40 for the week, you get OT pay for the applicable number of hours.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Unless there's a state law to override it, report-in pay is straight time. I also need to clarify something. I said you were owed four hours. That might not be true. If you signed up for a shift that isn't normally a four hour shift, you wouldn't get the full four hours. For example, it's a 3.5 hour shift and you work 3.5 hours - no report-in pay. It's a 3.5 hour shift and you work 2 hours - you get 1.5 hours of report-in pay.

If your situation counts as you turning down available work, you don't get the report-in pay.

Report-in pay does count toward the calculation of OT for the week. If it bumps your hours up over 40 for the week, you get OT pay for the applicable number of hours.
How would I find out how long the shift is for? The schedule doesn’t show it. I never turned down work, only taking a break during a 43 time.

Oldfart

So most of the freight is late today. I took out a few FO and now manager wants me to take break while waiting for freight. Um, no. Her response, Okay, go home then.
I know she’s going to try to not pay me my four hours show up time. Sighhhh. I’m so tired of fighting.
Did you go home instead of waiting on freight?

How would I find out how long the shift is for? The schedule doesn’t show it. I never turned down work, only taking a break during a 43 time.

Never turned down work? That's not what you said up above?

Oldfart

What I said was that I refused to take a break during the code 43 time (waiting for truck). I never refused to work. I refused to NOT work. She sent me home.
No guarantee then. You were instructed to take a break while waiting on freight and then go onroad. You said no to the break while waiting on freight request and went home. They should waive the 4 hrs.

floridays

No guarantee then. You were instructed to take a break while waiting on freight and then go onroad. You said no to the break while waiting on freight request and went home. They should waive the 4 hrs.
That should be code 43, not her problem work wasn't supplied. How long was the break supposed to be, what if freight didn't show up for 3 hours? There is also a difference between being sent home and choosing to go home.