Total Service Disruption today?

Star B

White Lightening
kmen.JPG

Looks like nobodys getting their cash back, even though the weatherman warned fx...

McFeely

Huge Member
We didn’t even get our Memphis flight out here. Started 90 min late, getting off early. Not volunteering for Saturday. Ha!

C8A7719C-07E2-4D1F-A762-F006C9B0E219.jpeg

McFeely

Huge Member
I quit signing up for OT. I was already drafted my day off earlier this week so I would be on double time on Sat, but I’m honestly not interested in doing them any favors.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So most of the freight is late today. I took out a few FO and now manager wants me to take break while waiting for freight. Um, no. Her response, Okay, go home then.
I know she’s going to try to not pay me my four hours show up time. Sighhhh. I’m so tired of fighting.

Oldfart

I quit signing up for OT. I was already drafted my day off earlier this week so I would be on double time on Sat, but I’m honestly not interested in doing them any favors.
On double time you could be making $50 to $55 an hour. And you believe you are doing them a favor?

McFeely

Huge Member
On double time you could be making $50 to $55 an hour.

Nope.

And you believe you are doing them a favor?

When they were BEGGING all drivers yesterday for volunteers today, you'd realize how desperate they were for help today. Last I heard, they still don't even know when our flight will even be in the air for our SDR freight. I'm quite loving sitting here in my boxers and sipping on a Bloody Mary, thankyouverymuch.

Saturday? I'm doing it right.

dezguy

So most of the freight is late today. I took out a few FO and now manager wants me to take break while waiting for freight. Um, no. Her response, Okay, go home then.
I know she’s going to try to not pay me my four hours show up time. Sighhhh. I’m so tired of fighting.
Are FT guaranteed hours not applicable on 6th day punches? I don't know the rules for ot days as I haven't volunteered in yeeeeeaaars.

outtatime

In this area one of the MEM flights got canceled yesterday, while the main one didn't show up until 10PM last night. Then the Sat flight landed at 10am today. What a joke.

Oldfart

View attachment 175147

Looks like nobodys getting their cash back, even though the weatherman warned fx...
The weather service predicted the ice a week in advance but how can you blame Fedex if airports are closed and streets are iced over? I believe many parts of the country got hit by ice. Just because you know its coming, there isn't much you can do when you are at the mercy of the airports keeping runways clear and providing save conditions for flights.

You have to remember, they are only boxes. There is no reason to risk a bad accident to get them delivered.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The late planes/CTV's are Fred's problem not the couriers, remember that.

The company has basically committed a lot of wage theft over the years pulling shenanigans like this. They act like the company will go bankrupt if you don't play these stupid Mickey Mouse games of theirs. Either that or Smith might starve to death.