Traffic camera catches UPS truck hitting pedestrian

L

Lizzzow

Come to think of it I'm off this week. Maybe every morning I will walk around our centers lot and see who will hit me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Come to think of it I'm off this week. Maybe every morning I will walk around our centers lot and see who will hit me.
That's not remotely funny....drivers have to worry about near misses, idiots on the road and having eyes in the backs of their heads all day long!

wayfair

swollen member
hmmmm, who has the right of way? Pedestrian or multi thousand pound vehicle?? whatever the answer is, I believe the vehicle is gonna win...
now legally, the driver is in deep poopoo

Mack Grant

Oh, okay...makes sense.
I don't believe he left the scene and never reported it to the center...and waited for the hammer to drop on him. The reporter at the end of the video said the victim's lawyer is hoping the DA will "reconsider" filing criminal charges against the driver...which means as of 5 months later, the state is not pursuing a criminal case against this guy....there must be a reason for that.
Yeah like others have said there's something that we aren't being told. Maybe the driver did report it to the center? The news report said UPS fired the driver responsible, but when? Regardless he never should have left the scene. That act alone is what opens him up to criminal prosecution.

L

Lizzzow

That's not remotely funny....drivers have to worry about near misses, idiots on the road and having eyes in the backs of their heads all day long!
Yes because we are all so serious here on this site. That coming from someone who has a Simpsons cartoon as their picture. Really now, that's not funny at all - what if a child was really to eat glue. Oh my. Oh dear. The seriousness of the matter. Did u know that 32 children die a year from glued up bowels? This is not funny at all!!!!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yes because we are all so serious here on this site. That coming from someone who has a Simpsons cartoon as their picture. Really now, that's not funny at all - what if a child was really to eat glue. Oh my. Oh dear. The seriousness of the matter. Did u know that 32 children die a year from glued up bowels? This is not funny at all!!!!
librarpstesdfsdfsdf-1.jpg

L

Lizzzow

unknown
Death: Jul. 14, 1908
Goldfield
Esmeralda County
Nevada, USA
trans.gif

This unknown man, a starving vagrant, dug a tub of library paste out of the trash. Made mostly of flour and water it seems reasonable to eat, but the paste contained alum, which is poisonous if a large enough dose is received. The Alum along with an already weakened health condition appear to have been enough to cause his death.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think its bad she got hit. I feel for both sides. But what I have noticed growing by the day, is the oblivion people walk/drive around in.

When walking I know, I have the right of way. I was taught defensive skills/and thinking. Just because I know I have the right of way, doesnt mean the intersection clears, or is safe just because I walk into it.

The end game is the driver is of course at fault. I can also see how easily it could happen to any one of us.

Like the drivers who do not know what merge means, and just because their turn signal is on, does not clear the lane they are moving in to.

This REALLY bugs me. So many people walk out in front of cars without looking. Seriously!? I know you have the right of way, but it seems like a little common sense is in order. At least be sure that the oncoming traffic SEES you.

And the same as you said with merging. Just because your signal is on doesn't mean you don't need to look to be sure it's safe to merge over. The person in the lane next to you may not always be able to let you in.

oldngray

nowhere special
It didn't happen in this case but in some areas people will walk right out in traffic just daring traffic to hit them. Usually inner city areas. The ones who walk around talking on phone oblivious to the world are in every area. Drivers have to watch for them but its difficult to know when a pedestrian will do something stupid. Drivers just have to always be aware of surroundings so bad things don't happen but that becomes harder with constant long days that wear you out.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
This REALLY bugs me. So many people walk out in front of cars without looking. Seriously!? I know you have the right of way, but it seems like a little common sense is in order. At least be sure that the oncoming traffic SEES you.

And the same as you said with merging. Just because your signal is on doesn't mean you don't need to look to be sure it's safe to merge over. The person in the lane next to you may not always be able to let you in.
That's exactly why I never turn right into another street when I see the vehicle from the left signaling a right turn. I don't trust people that much with my life, especially when I'm on my motorcycle.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That's exactly why I never turn right into another street when I see the vehicle from the left signaling a right turn. I don't trust people that much with my life, especially when I'm on my motorcycle.
I have retrained my husband on motorcycle riding. Yes hes done it since he was 12, and now hes NOT. But I see so much more on a daily basis, just because of what I do, I have shown him why especially here in the foothills of the Appalachians, why its better to stay closer to the right, than the middle, where he always felt he had more of a chance, more real estate so to say. Here we have had 9 people die in 3 months by our house, just because of the rolling hills and curves. And they were in cars. So bad that the OHIO State Patrol has issued extra warnings on the local radio stations.

Its not him on a bike, I worry about, its the other people on phones, distracted, young and dumb. I have shown him how a car, bike or pedestrian can be totally blocked, by a tree or a pole. Or bright sunlight coming down through a tree, and blurring vision. So after he just thought I was nagging......he realizes I just might know something he doesn't. Alot of the training I have received is very good, and I will be the first to admit it. And share it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Was on of them named Emma Blocked?

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
I went in for about an hour Saturday morning to make sure everything was set for the rollout of our expanded recycling program Monday morning. I went through the package cars and was blown away at how filthy some of them were. Yes, some of our drivers work in some dusty and dirty areas, but much of what I saw cannot be blamed solely on that. To put it bluntly, some of my co-workers are slobs who I wouldn't want to have come to my house. I hope my loader appreciates the fact that I am a neat freak. : )
I look at it this way, The truck is my assigned work area and as a rep of our company (one of only two drivers) its a reflection of UPS.

oldngray

nowhere special
Motorcycles have the same rights to the full lane as any other vehicle. Its just smarter and safer to be more to right. That also means its illegal for motorcycles to ride 2 abreast in same lane.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Motorcycles have the same rights to the full lane as any other vehicle. Its just smarter and safer to be more to right. That also means its illegal for motorcycles to ride 2 abreast in same lane.

The first part of your post is true; however, you are incorrect in that motorcyclists are allowed to ride 2 abreast if traveling in a single lane.