Traffic Circle or Roundabout

JustDeliverIt

Simple…

I was there this summer and stood on top of the Arc watching the traffic for a few minutes after taking in the view. It was crazy.

Then add in the idiots who don’t realize there is an underground tunnel to get to the Arc and go running across it. Frogger at its finest.

JL 0513

Rotary is the proper term.

cape_cod_rotary.jpg

DriverNerd

It only takes one person who doesn't know how they work to screw them up. Plus people treat them all the same. Some might be 2 lane each way, 2 lane one way/one lane the other, some are right lane right turn only while others are left lane roundabout only, some allow multiple lane to both go straight.

It takes too much work for people to read the signs prior to getting to the roundabout and figure out what lane they're supposed to do. Put in roundabouts with busy crosswalks too close to traffic and all hell breaks loose.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I was there this summer and stood on top of the Arc watching the traffic for a few minutes after taking in the view. It was crazy.

Then add in the idiots who don’t realize there is an underground tunnel to get to the Arc and go running across it. Frogger at its finest.
I’ve driven it a few times. Every time after the 1st time was Kamikaze style in a German rental car!

Brownisbrown

UPS EMPLOYEE
I know you are a driver. As an older person, roundabouts are no big deal for you. I’m talking about the old folks who never drove for a living. I have no idea who the clown was who put traffic lights on the roundabouts. Fortunately, they’re not on all of them.
Traffic lights on roundabouts in the US? :huh::huh::huh:
Where is this a thing? Completely unheard of where I live

Karma...

if people are stymied by a rotary imagine their difficulty with a clover leaf.....pilots who have never had spin training are not pilots........