Transfer Overseas

Ukbrown

I work in the uk. Honestly I think your better off where you are.
Below are some of the reasons why.

Top rate for a driver is approx £14 an hour .
There is no seniority over here. We do not bid on routes. if your lucky you will be assigned a route. if not you will be cover driving but don't do it too well or they will never put you on a route.
The union is a lot weaker here & it is not compulsory to join.

Our pensions are also a lot worse then yours & the cost of living is quite high. The house prices are just stupid. The average wage in the uk is £26,000 the average House price is £230,000.

Holiday wise we kick your arse once you get through your probation & survive a year you get 20 days holiday & 8 public / national holidays a year. After 5 years you get an extra day a year up to a max of 25. Before your first full year you earn 1.6 days of holiday per month. As we don't have seniority holiday is first come first served but no time off after a public holiday.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

There is no seniority over here. We do not bid on routes. if your lucky you will be assigned a route. if not you will be cover driving but don't do it too well or they will never put you on a route.

Our pensions are also a lot worse then yours & the cost of living is quite high. The house prices are just stupid. The average wage in the uk is £26,000 the average House price is £230,000.

Holiday wise we kick your arse once you get through your probation & survive a year you get 20 days holiday & 8 public / national holidays a year. After 5 years you get an extra day a year up to a max of 25. Before your first full year you earn 1.6 days of holiday per month. As we don't have seniority holiday is first come first served but no time off after a public holiday.
Nobody cares about that, we just think your accents are cool

Thank you SO much for this reply. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That's funny... Changed your avitar because these animals can't keep their claws off anything... Maybe that's why there are no women here except for a couple in their 60's..

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

Excellent post
@rickyb

rickyb

Excellent post
@rickyb
hey i was at chapters today and there was this economics book called the `viking economics`` or something like that its how the americans (and canadians) could copy the nordic economic model which provides free or affordable college, 5 weeks guaranteed vacation, etc.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

It's nice to have fellow UPSers from countries other than Canada. Those Canadians are nuts. Excellent post, very informative!

rpoz11

Just a thought, maybe a suggestion... Who knows.
If the 2 of you are desperate enough to want to actually do this, have your husband sign a letter of intent to go into management.
Use the management status for your opportunity to transfer as he would then be in the corporate side.
Once there, good luck.
If you really need some Visa help, Hillary I hear has some good connections around the world to assist you on that