Transfer rules

CatfishSD

Ok...need more info. And talk to your steward / HR.
Been a driver for 33 years left hometown center 20 years ago to be satellite driver in city 30 miles away because a route was given to that center. Would like to be back at hometown center but I would be top of the seniority list. In past it was layed off for 2 consecutive weeks, curious if that has changed.

542thruNthru

Been a driver for 33 years left hometown center 20 years ago to be satellite driver in city 30 miles away because a route was given to that center. Would like to be back at hometown center but I would be top of the seniority list. In past it was layed off for 2 consecutive weeks, curious if that has changed.
Call your local and ask.

Brisket

Is there anyone from HR to ask? Good luck.

1stgear

I’m an Oregon RPCD with just a few months seniority. Thinking about transferring to a center that’s about 7 miles from mine ( more rural routs are sweet). Anyone know the rules for my local?

PappyLand

Around here it’s a year before you can put your papers in. Then you gotta wait for an opening. The centers you can trans to are in our contract. Bust yours out.

1stgear

Around here it’s a year before you can put your papers in. Then you gotta wait for an opening. The centers you can trans to are in our contract. Bust yours out.
I must be an idiot because I don’t know where to look for our contract

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Good luck to anyone trying to transfer now with 22.4's. No building will be hiring rpcd's for a while. And because they will not be hiring rpcd's they will not be taking transfers.