Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by sndgan, Sep 25, 2015.

  1. sndgan

    sndgan New Member

    Hey guys, so I want to transfer to another state and I need to be going to school for it to work out. The thing is, I can't afford school tuition unless I'm an actual state resident, and that takes a year. Do you think I could apply to a school, get accepted, register for classes, and then after showing my schedule to management I can drop the classes and get a refund?

    I want to go to school, it's just I can't afford it until I am a resident.

  2. cosmo1

    cosmo1 Now, a low life jack wagon, and still loving it.

  3. Three11

    Three11 New Member

    I may be transferring under the "following spouse" rule.

    Get married by a shotgun wedding, transfer and have it annulled, you'll have a better shot.
  4. trickpony1

    trickpony1 Well-Known Member

    "Honesty and integrity" are the cornerstones of our organization.
  5. RonBurgandy??????????

    RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

  6. You need to be attending school on your first day at the new building, then drop your classes.
  7. 1989

    1989 Well-Known Member

    Good one.
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

    UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

    You have to pay for classes.

    People like you is why we continue to lose our perks.
  9. TheBeerDriver

    TheBeerDriver Member

    Maybe consider joining the Military.
  10. pickup

    pickup Well-Known Member

    Is it possible to take a minimum of credits that will satisfy the requirement for the transfer and yet not cost you as much money as a boatload of credits??? I don't know that's why I'm posing the question.
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

    UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

    I think you have to carry at least 12 credits to qualify.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Billy Ray

    Billy Ray God, help us all.....

    I will not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do.
  13. DOK

    DOK Active Member

    The transfer may take too long on ups's side of things.
  14. Bagels

    Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

    If you read the necessary paperwork, it's clear that (1) you must demonstrate the educational opportunity; and (2) if you don't follow through with it for at least 18 months, you agree to voluntarily resign. It's best to talk about the situation with HR, let them know you're serious about pursing an educational opportunity but will need to establish residency first & that you'll agree to resign if you're not enrolled in school 1 year after the transfer. Don't expect it, but it might help. If you're trying to transfer off the beaten path, it will help. If you're trying to go to CA, FL, TX, etc... good luck.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. sndgan

    sndgan New Member

    Thank you.