Transferring from NC to Bakersfield, CA

Tony3000Stark

Hello, I am in the process of transferring from NC to Bakersfield, CA for twilight shift and had a couple questions. Any answers would be appreciated. When I was working at the hub, I got overtime after 5 hours and worked doubles almost every day. Does anyone happen to know the day shift hours, if you get overtime after 5 or 8 hours and would I keep my same pay $14.50 or would it increase? Thanks.

Nah

Hello, I am in the process of transferring from NC to Bakersfield, CA for twilight shift and had a couple questions. Any answers would be appreciated. When I was working at the hub, I got overtime after 5 hours and worked doubles almost every day. Does anyone happen to know the day shift hours, if you get overtime after 5 or 8 hours and would I keep my same pay $14.50 or would it increase? Thanks.

I completed a transfer myself. I don't know either of the supplements you're covered by so I can't answer regarding OT, but I do know your wage is going to reset as though you're a brand new employee. I lost over $2/hr when I transferred and both my old and new BA said there was nothing they could do.

Gman33909

Western supplement OT after 8 hours, if you work over 6 hours mandatory 30 minute lunch or you get a meal violation which good for one hour pay if they don't give you a lunch, you get 7 sick days , 4 floating holidays, vacation is based on 1/52 of your average weekly check. Pension is more secure in Western supplement

I don’t understand why people answer questions, when they clearly don’t know the answer.
1) you will keep your pay, your wage will not reset... the only thing you lose is your building seniority.
2) your OT depends on how many hours per day you are guaranteed. If you have a 3 hr per day guarantee you get OT after 5. If you have a 4 hr guarantee, you will get OT after 6
3) working Double shifts are offered by BUILDING SENIORITY, top down

Nah
1) you will keep your pay, your wage will not reset... the only thing you lose is your building seniority.

Show me where the contract says he'll keep his pay and I'll forward it to both my old and my new BA.

Frankly, I thought it was a lost cause arguing with them. If they say pay resets, and they both sit on the panel where any such grievance would ultimately end up...well...I believe that's what some people call a "waste of time."