Transferring hubs to go FT faster

21boxer

Has anyone seen or heard of someone using the education transfer to go to another hub or center where they could go full time faster?

I've worked pt since I was 18 and I'm 21 now. I work at a huge hub with four shifts and I've only ever seen three or so bid sheets posted. I don't see it being unethical because of the way UPS has treated me and my coworkers these past couple of years.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Never heard of it .
But in many places your seniority ends when you switch buildings ( except Local 25 ) .
Why would you want to go to the bottom in a new place ?

Always sign every bid sheet you see, even if you know you'll never get it .

Ask around to see the six-to-one sheet , that has to go up every year . Usually in January .
Taking a combo job is another way to go thru progression , that way when you go friend/T you'll start at a higher rate .

21boxer

Never heard of it .
But in many places your seniority ends when you switch buildings ( except Local 25 ) .
Why would you want to go to the bottom in a new place ?

Always sign every bid sheet you see, even if you know you'll never get it .

Ask around to see the six-to-one sheet , that has to go up every year . Usually in January .
Taking a combo job is another way to go thru progression , that way when you go friend/T you'll start at a higher rate .
y

The only reason I would be willing to change hubs and start my seniority over is because the hub I work out you have to wait about 12 years before driving. I'm in Greensboro, NC. I would love to have my shot at driving it just seems so far away having to wait 9 more years!

35years

Gravy route
Make sure you know where the growth in stops will be directed. I transferred years ago and cut years off my wait. Also my seniority was dovetailed into the new hub's list so
I lost no seniority. Check with your local union hall how they handle the seniority of transfers.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if you transferred to a larger/growing hub it's very possible you could get FT faster, even starting at bottom of seniority again

very risky though, unless you do a bunch of research

21boxer

if you transferred to a larger/growing hub it's very possible you could get FT faster, even starting at bottom of seniority again

very risky though, unless you do a bunch of research

The hub I work at is huge. We run four shifts for part time guys... last bid sheet I signed guys with seniority from 2005 and 2006 were on it lol so I'm not convinced bigger is going to help

km3

The hub I work at is huge. We run four shifts for part time guys... last bid sheet I signed guys with seniority from 2005 and 2006 were on it lol so I'm not convinced bigger is going to help

They post 4 package bids a year in my building (quarterly). Even though people with seniority dates of 2005 are signing ours as well, the wait isn't nearly that long. People with 6 months of seniority are getting called to drive.

21boxer

Greensboro, North Carolina. It seems weird to me I've always heard Charlotte is only a few months but I've only heard second hand from guys who work with me... I know a few guys with about 7 years or so who cover drive at peak season but that's all they've been able to get. The problem seems to be guys never want to retire and it's just abunch of guys in their 50s and 60s.

I keep hearing there's going to be a lot of guys retiring soon but I feel like that still just leaves me waiting behind the next wave of guys who will never retire.

It is just frustrating because I'm ready to make some serious money instead of slaving on the sort isle for years ya know

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Greensboro, North Carolina. It seems weird to me I've always heard Charlotte is only a few months but I've only heard second hand from guys who work with me... I know a few guys with about 7 years or so who cover drive at peak season but that's all they've been able to get. The problem seems to be guys never want to retire and it's just abunch of guys in their 50s and 60s.

I keep hearing there's going to be a lot of guys retiring soon but I feel like that still just leaves me waiting behind the next wave of guys who will never retire.

It is just frustrating because I'm ready to make some serious money instead of slaving on the sort isle for years ya know
A wave of guys retiring and the fact that we basically have to beg for PTers to sign a bid is a good sign.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Has anyone seen or heard of someone using the education transfer to go to another hub or center where they could go full time faster?

I've worked pt since I was 18 and I'm 21 now. I work at a huge hub with four shifts and I've only ever seen three or so bid sheets posted. I don't see it being unethical because of the way UPS has treated me and my coworkers these past couple of years.
I did it....kept my pay rate and seniority and have a shot of going 22.3 in less than a year.