Travel advice

klein

Für Meno :)
I have noticed that old, grumpy men don't like loud things (unfortunately, I notice this mostly about myself).

That's why you sell or serve them booze - so they don't get grumpy ! LOL
Actually, I sold a Crown Royal Black for someones dad today, with our custom personlized label, read something like : "hey old Grumpy, have a Great Father's Day" ! We both love you !

DS

Fenderbender
Just a few thoughts about our trip to Erie.
The old guy that worked at the hotel was cool.
He kept calling me bud.He nudged me getting coffee one morning to see the
family of white tailed deer off in the woods.
I bought a pair of jeans at JC penny for !9.99
At check out it was 19.99.Here add 15%.
I was surprised to see miles and miles of nothing.
I thought 300 million people would be everywhere.
I guess thats all in or near the big cities.
I googled craft beer before I went and found a place called
pick six in Erie.Hundreds of beer choices to go.
I have no desire to go to Vegas,but you can be sure we'll
​be coming back to see some more.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Some interesting choices. A family of four could travel to a 4* all-inclusive resort in Mexico/Caribbean for a week (including air & hotel) for what these properties charge for 3-night stay alone in the summer.

I've stayed at two of them (Ritz-Carlton Sarasota and The Grand Hotel Mackinaw Island). Including taxes & fees, The Grand Hotel charges about $600 and up per weekend night (for two adults, two children) during the summer, with a three-night minimum stay required. We stayed here many, many years ago as my mom was a huge Somewhere In Time fan. The hotel was old - which was its selling point, but this also means it had no air conditioning on a hot & humid weekend. People took pride in dressing up like it was the 1800s (you had to dress up in the evening) and I don't recall the food being spectacular. Very boring IMO and I couldn't wait to go home. Not certain how it's tagged as a top family friendly hotel.

DS

Fenderbender
Hi peeps! We are in Manchester New Hampshire.We visited Cape Cod and are slowly heading home.This is one weird State.You have to pay for gas before you pump it.No such thing in Canada.It's like they don't trust you.We feel out of place because we have no bumper stickers,and don't drive a Ford friend-150.The potato chips are cooked in 100% cottonseed oil like it's supposed to be a good thing.The malls have security towers in the parking lots.The liquor stores are massive retail outlets.Live free or die.
We are off to Burlington Vermont tomorrow.Everyone has been friendly and helpful all the way so far.Congrats upstate on the new baby.

Hi peeps! We are in Manchester New Hampshire.We visited Cape Cod and are slowly heading home.This is one weird State.You have to pay for gas before you pump it.No such thing in Canada.It's like they don't trust you.We feel out of place because we have no bumper stickers,and don't drive a Ford friend-150.The potato chips are cooked in 100% cottonseed oil like it's supposed to be a good thing.The malls have security towers in the parking lots.The liquor stores are massive retail outlets.Live free or die.
We are off to Burlington Vermont tomorrow.Everyone has been friendly and helpful all the way so far.Congrats upstate on the new baby.
Take,Obama back with you!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DS, thank you. You will enjoy Burlington. Make sure to go to Church St and down to the waterfront. If you have time, go to the Ben and Jerry's "factory" and take the tour.

Sadly, prepaying for gas is becoming more commonplace due to "drive-offs".