Travel advice

DS

Fenderbender
Not really into wine but my wife is.
I'm going to be searching the craft beers in the area.
​One more sleep.

DS

Fenderbender
Don't forget to buy a gun while you're there.
You know you need protection in the USA !
Everyone has been friendly and helpful,other than the lower prices and green money,
​there are very few differences.Your sarcasm is unwarranted.

DS

Fenderbender
Our stay at the comfort suites was great.The staff went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant.
The room was nice,and the heat/cool unit actually worked.A hot breakfast was included and they had
a lounge,eating area,pool,and a beautiful outside patio with great views.I took this from the patio.

klein

Für Meno :)
DS, do yourself a good favour and bring back a bottle of Johnnie Walker Plantinum.
Damn, I tried it today, again. It is sooo smooth, almost can't tell your sipping on scotch, or any Whiskey for that matter.
It retails in Alberta from $160 - $180.
I bet you can get it there for under $100 easily.
Maybe you can even sample it, at the hotel bar or other good bars ?
Anyways, glad your having a great time down south - about time you took a trip south of the 49th parallel !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DS, do yourself a good favour and bring back a bottle of Johnnie Walker Plantinum. Damn, I tried it today, again. It is sooo smooth, almost can't tell your sipping on scotch, or any Whiskey for that matter. It retails in Alberta from $160 - $180. I bet you can get it there for under $100 easily. Maybe you can even sample it, at the hotel bar or other good bars ? Anyways, glad your having a great time down south - about time you took a trip south of the 49th parallel !

Of all the things that DS could bring back from his first trip to the States you suggest he bring back booze?

S

serenity now

Picture show? Do you mean like "talkies"?

There are very few picture shows where I am the only one in the audience.

i suppose you are one of those elitist individuals who like to say " I'm going to see the latest film."

just saw an interview with two Hollywierd notables predicting that ticket prices for blockbuster films could rise to the $50-$75 range in the near future * you will get to throw more of you hard-earned money at those spoiled brats just to watch some made up crap * enjoy

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

For the past 6 months or so I have not paid for a single movie ticket. My last pickup of the day is a mall dropbox. Normally by that time I have to use the restroom (again:sad-little:) so I use the one by the movie theater (Regal). They don't have a daily pickup but do put their prepaid returns out for pickup. The mall driver is done too early (hence the need to have me cover his dropbox) so I grab the returns after I take a leak. The manager noticed this and gave me a prepaid card for Christmas. I appreciated this and kept on taking their returns----it is to the point now where she has told all of her employees to let me and a guest(s) in for free whenever we go to the movies, first run or not. What's even more priceless is the look on the people waiting in line when I just sign my name and walk in for free.:wink2:

This afternoon, between baseball games, will be Man of Steel.

S

serenity now

For the past 6 months or so I have not paid for a single movie ticket. My last pickup of the day is a mall dropbox. Normally by that time I have to use the restroom (again:sad-little:) so I use the one by the movie theater (Regal). They don't have a daily pickup but do put their prepaid returns out for pickup. The mall driver is done too early (hence the need to have me cover his dropbox) so I grab the returns after I take a leak. The manager noticed this and gave me a prepaid card for Christmas. I appreciated this and kept on taking their returns----it is to the point now where she has told all of her employees to let me and a guest(s) in for free whenever we go to the movies, first run or not. What's even more priceless is the look on the people waiting in line when I just sign my name and walk in for free.:wink2:

This afternoon, between baseball games, will be Man of Steel.

Wow, I'm just like Wow.........
That is way more than anyone on earth ever wanted to know, Chuckles.
I think we have derailed this thread long enough, but I'm sure you will have a reply.............

klein

Für Meno :)
I think we have derailed this thread long enough, but I'm sure you will have a reply.............

Oh come on..... just loving this movie and popcorn talk ! :)
And, btw, Upstate, why wouldn't DS bring a bottle back at nearly half price ?
Have you ever been to a duty free shop ? Why do you think it's filled with liquor and cigarettes (maybe, because that's what people choose the most, and what sells most ) ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh come on..... just loving this movie and popcorn talk ! :)
And, btw, Upstate, why wouldn't DS bring a bottle back at nearly half price ?
Have you ever been to a duty free shop ? Why do you think it's filled with liquor and cigarettes (maybe, because that's what people choose the most, and what sells most ) ?
There are people in this world who "don't do alcohol"......really!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I enjoyed the movie---it was not the typical Superman movie. My only complaint was that it was a very loud movie. Amy Adams is really coming in to her own as an actress.