Travel advice

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, I thought Venezuela was outside the USA. Aruba? Granada? Why in the hell did I need that stupid passport then ???

As for waiting in line? Never happens for us.
I tip the guy that takes the bags to the room. I tip the drink lady that comes around in Vegas..............and you have to tip right then, because it could be a different girl the next time.
So don't lecture me about tips.........I don't just throw money at people so they'll like me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, I thought Venezuela was outside the USA. Aruba? Granada? Why in the hell did I need that stupid passport then ???
Anyone that would puchase anything out of the mini bar is a fool in my book.....especially down in the lobby, they have a shop.

klein

Für Meno :)
Anyone that would puchase anything out of the mini bar is a fool in my book.....especially down in the lobby, they have a shop.

Your quoted yourself ! Have another drink on me ! LOL

I go to all inclusive resorts ! You don't purchase drinks, they are free, including drinks in the mini bar-fridge in the room !

Oh, and DS, I posted your new cam on the classifieds on BC.... ;)
Didn't give me an option for Canadian dollars though, but I would expect those instead.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gilda actually wrote it after she went into remission from ovarian cancer. The title refers to what her character, Roseanne Roseannadanna, always said........."It just goes to show you, it's always something."

She went from doctor to doctor for 10 months and being mis-diagnosed all along the way. It's a no/subtle symptom cancer that is usually not found early. If you are 55 and feel bloated, you think menopause before you think cancer. Unless you are a super model, everywoman over 50 gets a belly......it's like a rite of passage. Tricky stuff.

ooky

frozen canuck
Hey Budz,it's me DS, 3000 miles away in the Dominican Republic.I forgot my password so I had to log in as ooky.
This resort is gorgeous,I'll post some pix when I get back.Some of the people went off the resort on a small tour to go golfing yesterday and they saw lots of locals carrying rifles on their laps driving around on motorcycles,so I think I'll just stay put and keep eating and drinking my face off...
The wedding starts in a half hour and I had to do this on the internet cafe they have here in the lobby...my phone is virtually useless here....well, it does make a good watch and alarm clock.I'm going swimming with dolphins Thursday...looking forward to that...anyhow...I'm gonna fly now,and
venture back out into the heat...it's around 30 celcius every day....you do the math,I can't be bothered....ttys....

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hey Budz,it's me DS, 3000 miles away in the Dominican Republic.I forgot my password so I had to log in as ooky.
This resort is gorgeous,I'll post some pix when I get back.Some of the people went off the resort on a small tour to go golfing yesterday and they saw lots of locals carrying rifles on their laps driving around on motorcycles,so I think I'll just stay put and keep eating and drinking my face off...
The wedding starts in a half hour and I had to do this on the internet cafe they have here in the lobby...my phone is virtually useless here....well, it does make a good watch and alarm clock.I'm going swimming with dolphins Thursday...looking forward to that...anyhow...I'm gonna fly now,and
venture back out into the heat...it's around 30 celcius every day....you do the math,I can't be bothered....ttys....
Hey, DS & Ooky,
Glad you're having a blast. See, staying inside the resort is not just "paranoid old me"....makes sense, huh?

ooky

frozen canuck
I think I gained a few pounds this week....Mexican for lunch yesterday...steakhouse last night...Italian tonight....still HOT HOT HOT...
getting sick of the calypso crap though,not my thing...well it's off to the beach...I don't know why you say OLA...I say ADIOS :)

over9five

Staff member
I think I gained a few pounds this week....Mexican for lunch yesterday...steakhouse last night...Italian tonight....still HOT HOT HOT...
getting sick of the calypso crap though,not my thing...well it's off to the beach...I don't know why you say OLA...I say ADIOS :)
Jeez DS, enjoy your time there. You'll probably never be there again!

Sheesh, I'm glad I don't vacation with you!!!!:laughing2:

klein

Ovah, try Cuba. You can access it thru Canada or Mexico. They don`t even have a surcharge for singles taking up a room for themselves (big plus) !

over9five

Staff member
Ovah, try Cuba. You can access it thru Canada or Mexico. They don`t even have a surcharge for singles taking up a room for themselves (big plus) !
I'll look into it next time we plan a trip. Won't be this year tho, already did one.

klein

You can get 2 weeks all inclusive for as low as $1100, airfare, 4.5 star resort, and the best drinks included (drinks , such as Jonnie Walker Gold, Blue, black or red, Becks beer, Heineken, and other great import beers without surcharge).

And the beaches are terrific, turquois and cystal clear. Sand, and no rocks.
Cuba bulit those resorts just newly for tourists all over the world.
It`s awesome.

DS

Fenderbender
Hola my friends we are home now.
All went well.We had fun.
All inclusive was nice. here's a pic or 2.
P1000587.jpg

P1000601.jpg

P1000609.jpg

P1000608.jpg

klein

Yup, welcome back DS, maybe we'll meet in Cuba one day ?
You sure must have loved the tropical heat and surroundings, including the geourgeous ocean !