Tricks to make your route last

vvv

Since we are in an all out war with UPS at this point, what are your favorite tricks to make your route take longer, besides the obvious follow ORION?

Parking legally and walking long distances is my favorite. Also going the speed limit.

Where's the FAIL button????

Re-read your very own words buddy. Those are NOT tricks, you are following the LAW!!!!!!!!!

Why you guys always get too much work tossed into the back of your truck daily...cutting corners in all aspects.

vvv

I disagree with this one. Parking legally is not built in. Our downtown routes would never get done if they did that. We are always told to park on the red no matter what route We are on.

Who cares what they told you. They are not in a control of the vehicle for any issues or accidents that may take place, you are. So simply obey the laws posted.
They can try to force the "work as directed" nonsense your way, but it won't have anything to stand on when it comes to being law abiding.

vvv

he’s actively looking for ways to circumvent them and steal time

parking legally, going the speed limit, and walking reasonable distances are built into the allowances and methods already

No such thing as a reasonable distance. You park the vehicle where it's safe for yourself and the public, legal, and you are not obstructing traffic.
You don't equate a reasonable walk off with community safety and the law.

barnyard

KTM rider
parking legally, going the speed limit, and walking reasonable distances are built into the allowances and methods already

Digging for packages because Orion has you running sections in reverse has no additional allowance. On days Orion has me running 3 or more sections in reverse, I am 1 hour over. Days when I run sections mostly in order, I scratch. It takes more time to find packages and we are not allowed that time.

Alamo Joe

Do the job right and it will last.
Follow the methods,space cushion,park position,speed limit,package selection. Use your dolly,stay on paved even walk paths. Leave diad in diad holder. Sort your truck before 3pm and do it on the clock. Take a full lunch.

Dr.Brownz

you’re not at war with the company, you’re an employee that doesn’t like their job

just quit and do something you’ll like instead

yawn...yeah when management is telling new drivers to speed and do unsafe things I get upset. And besides unless you idiot management folks learn to work with us, you will have 1000's of me in your work force and we will continually screw your precious magic numbers up. Oh wait you're in IE, you only pretend to work. I see you got your 20 sock accounts to agree with your post.

Dr.Brownz

I disagree with this one. Parking legally is not built in. Our downtown routes would never get done if they did that. We are always told to park on the red no matter what route We are on.

"parking legally allowance" is going to assume every spot on the street is open.

And clearly the allowances are not there anyway. ORION thinks i'm going to take 1 minute for a stop that is halfway down the block between two side streets on a road with bike lanes where there is no where to park. If I SPRINTED all the way there and back it would take 2 minutes atleast but ORION thinks 1 minute....I WONDER WHY?

Fly below radar. Works wonders. Get in, get out, do your job. Go home.

Until they decide to start harassing you for no reason other than a number on the computer they don't like. Your time will come brownnoser.

Dr.Brownz

Where's the FAIL button????

Re-read your very own words buddy. Those are NOT tricks, you are following the LAW!!!!!!!!!

Why you guys always get too much work tossed into the back of your truck daily...cutting corners in all aspects.

The fail rating goes to your post. Nuance bro. This is a response to UPS managements constant efforts to push new drivers to break the law. Management acts like parking regulations don't matter. I've seen management instruct new drivers to park on bike lanes, in red zones, even just block the lane to make a delivery. They are setting these drivers up to be fired in the future.

UrFellowUpser

I slowed down so much to the point on most days im the last driver back to the building. I noticed that taking my whole hour break at 1:00 everyday plus my 10 minutes and driving real conservative that i have 11 to 12 hr days on routes that i cover that i know if i ran i could do in 9hrs. I dont know what they think by giving me such high stop counts on these routes are supposed to do but i just take my time and move at a pace that I'm comfortable with and collect my bread.

Nike

People are mad cuz this company does not follow logic in like 95% of circumstances and counting. I'm often surprised we're able to pay the light bill on time at my center.

vvv

The fail rating goes to your post. Nuance bro. This is a response to UPS managements constant efforts to push new drivers to break the law. Management acts like parking regulations don't matter. I've seen management instruct new drivers to park on bike lanes, in red zones, even just block the lane to make a delivery. They are setting these drivers up to be fired in the future.

*, I will repeat YOUR WORDS again.

You said "Parking legally and walking long distances" is a TRICK.

It is not a TRICK, you are just simply working properly. Very simple.

A stupid trick in the old days would be to tell certain customers for instance to write out multiple C.O.D.'s super slow and calculate them 2-3 times, not find their check book for a few minutes. Etc...etc...
Especially when you had a sup riding with for the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.Brownz

*, I will repeat YOUR WORDS again.

You said "Parking legally and walking long distances" is a TRICK.

It is not a TRICK, you are just simply working properly. Very simple.

A stupid trick in the old days would be to tell certain customers for instance to write out multiple C.O.D.'s super slow and calculate them 2-3 times, not find their check book for a few minutes. Etc...etc...
Especially when you had a sup riding with for the day.

Do you not know what the word nuance means?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Not at all, I'm a total idiot.

So what are some of your real "tricks"? Please do tell so I can learn something sage from you other than the English language.

It's not a trick, but all my customers knew to disappear if they ever saw someone with me.

I say it is not a trick because the time study does not account for the customer helping me.

The rest is done the same way everyday whether I have a sup with me or not.