Trouble In Brown Paradise

T

Team Easy

so, today, head supervisor, a union steward(crappy one, sits there like a deer caught in headlights and doesn't say a word), the center of management, and i, all had a little talk. they called me in.

4 issues....

1. last week i had a stomach flu and was taking like 2 30 minute bathroom breaks a day for the first 4 days of the week and then the flu went away. i told my unload supervisor about the flu and he never sent me home. the head supervisor told me that he is going to get labor involved and try to make me go see one of their nurses. i had a stomach flu a while back and was taking long bathroom breaks but then it went away and i quit taking long ones. is this my unload supervisors fault for not sending me home? how can this affect me?

2. someone has been spitting/blowing snot all over the walls/vending machines/stairs/floors and they think it's me. a supervisor said that she saw me blow snot onto the floor but i did not, i blew it into my hand and then wiped it onto my work clothing. how can this affect me?

3. a female supervisor came up behind me, touched me on the back to push me and THEN said 'excuse me', i said 'dont touch me, that's sexual harassment, ive warned you before'. i have told this supervisor not to touch me before and she just cant stop. she claims that she asked me to move and then bumped into me, but she is lying. how can this affect me?

4. the supervisor that has been sexually harassing me from #3, replaced a guy that was sorting for me(i unload trailers) while he was in the bathroom. she claims that i was throwing bags down the slide at her and that i was intentionally pushing the boxes into her. all she said when sorting for me was 'your labels are not up', even though every single one was up and i pointed it out to her making a fool out of her. how can this affect me?

thanks.

ups79

It won't effect you if you move on. Why work at a place if you are so unhappy. I hope you are not looking for an advancement.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Ups79, Please point out where he said he was unhappy. I'm sure I simply missed that part of his post.

You're right, he's perfectly fine. On the other hand blowing snot into your hand and wiping it onto your clothes makes perfect sense.:wink:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe if he blew it on his hand and used it as hair gel....ala "There's Something About Mary", then it would be acceptable. I'll check with Miss Manners and Emily Post and get back to you.

Raw

Raw Member
a female supervisor came up behind me, touched me on the back to push me and THEN said 'excuse me', i said 'dont touch me, that's sexual harassment, ive warned you before'.
How is that sexual harassement? Is sex touching your back in your world?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Maybe if he blew it on his hand and used it as hair gel....ala "There's Something About Mary", then it would be acceptable. I'll check with Miss Manners and Emily Post and get back to you.

I don't think that was snot in that movie.......:ohmy:

Channahon

so, today, head supervisor, a union steward(crappy one, sits there like a deer caught in headlights and doesn't say a word), the center of management, and i, all had a little talk. they called me in.

4 issues....

1. last week i had a stomach flu and was taking like 2 30 minute bathroom breaks a day for the first 4 days of the week and then the flu went away. i told my unload supervisor about the flu and he never sent me home. the head supervisor told me that he is going to get labor involved and try to make me go see one of their nurses. i had a stomach flu a while back and was taking long bathroom breaks but then it went away and i quit taking long ones. is this my unload supervisors fault for not sending me home? how can this affect me?

2. someone has been spitting/blowing snot all over the walls/vending machines/stairs/floors and they think it's me. a supervisor said that she saw me blow snot onto the floor but i did not, i blew it into my hand and then wiped it onto my work clothing. how can this affect me?

3. a female supervisor came up behind me, touched me on the back to push me and THEN said 'excuse me', i said 'dont touch me, that's sexual harassment, ive warned you before'. i have told this supervisor not to touch me before and she just cant stop. she claims that she asked me to move and then bumped into me, but she is lying. how can this affect me?

4. the supervisor that has been sexually harassing me from #3, replaced a guy that was sorting for me(i unload trailers) while he was in the bathroom. she claims that i was throwing bags down the slide at her and that i was intentionally pushing the boxes into her. all she said when sorting for me was 'your labels are not up', even though every single one was up and i pointed it out to her making a fool out of her. how can this affect me?

thanks.
1. You should have gone to a doctor and got some medication for your illness and returned to work with a note. It's not the sup's job to send you home.
2. Knowing you were sick, a box of kleenex or tissues in your pocket would have been better than wiping your snot on your clothing. Then you would not have put yourself in the position of being accused of the actions you stated.
3. If you are being sexually harassed, you need some witnesses, be it hourly or management
Although based on your desciption of health and hygeine, I can't imagine anyone having the hots for you.
4. Get your ducks in a row and figure out what you should do. Either pursue the injustices you have at UPS or find somewhere else to work.
There are always 2 sides to a story and we're just hearing yours.
Good luck