Truck barrels into protesters

Babagounj

Strength through joy
he had a clear line of view and came in way too fast because hes an idiot. thats like if i see someone crossing anywhere in the street, and i have plenty of time to slow down, and i still hit them. the blame will be partly on myself if not all of it.
Anyone know if the driver stole the truck ?

rickyb

The government can't just print more money without consequences. Printing more money is just a way to indirectly tax people. The more money they print, the lower the value of the money people have. It's theft of buying power.

I call it free stuff ironically because that's what you think it is. It's not free, it's a gift paid for by someone else. People receiving that gift who rail against the system they benefit from either aren't very bright or are hypocrites.

Capitalism is an economic system, it doesn't control our personal decisions, or rob us of responsibility. It makes things easier for people to earn a living, and people may choose to compromise what they value in order to survive. Everyone needs to learn to accept those compromises, or make harder decisions.

I can't think of any system that doesn't concentrate power, or that can't be manipulated by the power hungry. But capitalism has lifted more people out of poverty, and gives people more options than any other system I know of. I am still interested in hearing about a better system.
a system not based on consumerism for starters. i know you dont distinguish between capitalism and cooperatives but guys i listen to do. aside from cooperatives, we need an economy which has efficient use of property, because right now most people's property sits unused more than 95% of the time. we need an economy where we can repair and upgrade existing products instead of throwing the whole product away. we need a food system which is sustainable.

you can look up stephanie kelton, michael hudson, or steve keen about government printing money and what balancing budgets does to an economy. the govt votes to appropriate funding for things. it can print money to an extent and not have to worry about inflation. im not sure about the theft of buying power thing you said. the govt has been printing money like crazy for 10 years and there hasnt been an inflation. stock prices got inflated.

standards of living rose under slavery as well, but thats not justification for it. standards of living are not rising under capitalism in north america and many other countries.

yes capitalism does rob you of decision making, and responsibility. capitalism is like having a choice between dictators, or starting your own dictatorship. it is an economic dictatorship.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
a system not based on consumerism for starters. i know you dont distinguish between capitalism and cooperatives but guys i listen to do. aside from cooperatives, we need an economy which has efficient use of property, because right now most people's property sits unused more than 95% of the time. we need an economy where we can repair and upgrade existing products instead of throwing the whole product away. we need a food system which is sustainable.

you can look up stephanie kelton, michael hudson, or steve keen about government printing money and what balancing budgets does to an economy. the govt votes to appropriate funding for things. it can print money to an extent and not have to worry about inflation. im not sure about the theft of buying power thing you said. the govt has been printing money like crazy for 10 years and there hasnt been an inflation. stock prices got inflated.

standards of living rose under slavery as well, but thats not justification for it. standards of living are not rising under capitalism in north america and many other countries.

yes capitalism does rob you of decision making, and responsibility. capitalism is like having a choice between dictators, or starting your own dictatorship. it is an economic dictatorship.
as usual long and meaningless

rickyb

The government can't just print more money without consequences. Printing more money is just a way to indirectly tax people. The more money they print, the lower the value of the money people have. It's theft of buying power.

I call it free stuff ironically because that's what you think it is. It's not free, it's a gift paid for by someone else. People receiving that gift who rail against the system they benefit from either aren't very bright or are hypocrites.

Capitalism is an economic system, it doesn't control our personal decisions, or rob us of responsibility. It makes things easier for people to earn a living, and people may choose to compromise what they value in order to survive. Everyone needs to learn to accept those compromises, or make harder decisions.

I can't think of any system that doesn't concentrate power, or that can't be manipulated by the power hungry. But capitalism has lifted more people out of poverty, and gives people more options than any other system I know of. I am still interested in hearing about a better system.
participatory budget making is another one

rickyb

2 mins of civilians and cops who think that people protesting in the street means they have a right to run people over. good luck with that in court:

upload_2020-6-1_11-45-18.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy
For the next protest, steal fully loaded sewage disposal tanker trucks. Open the valves and drive along the protest route. That will keep the crowds down.

newfie

Neat. Now can you find any of the posts I made between when I joined in 2001 and 2006. Those posts ALL disappeared and I ended up having to re-register. Someone apparently hit the wrong button and wiped me off the face of BC back then. I used to get in some pretty good arguments with Tieguy. :-)
everyone wanted some of that :)