Trusting Management

overflowed

I actually think the ops managers are as clueless as the couriers. They seem taken by surprise by all of it. Looks like they wanna duck into the bathroom and scream in a pillow recently.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Our ops manager has been hiding during the sort, we only see him at stretch and flex and when we pull out of the building, he locks himself in his office during the sort.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our ops manager has been hiding during the sort, we only see him at stretch and flex and when we pull out of the building, he locks himself in his office during the sort.

This is apparently becoming "normal" behavior. I can only imagine the stress level that some of these individuals are experiencing.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My station had a manager step down to courier last month, and go to another station. One left last week, one is leaving this month, and another is doing his best to get out. Senior manager is one of the worst I've seen.
Totally unrelated to this, does anyone know what the policy is on new couriers going on the road by themselves? Once they have had Defensive Driving, are they able to go out by themselves or is it only allowed after Courier Class?

hypo hanna

My station had a manager step down to courier last month, and go to another station. One left last week, one is leaving this month, and another is doing his best to get out. Senior manager is one of the worst I've seen.
Totally unrelated to this, does anyone know what the policy is on new couriers going on the road by themselves? Once they have had Defensive Driving, are they able to go out by themselves or is it only allowed after Courier Class?

If there is such a policy no one in my district follows it. If the manager thinks they are ready to go solo, they send them out. If it goes bad they blame dispatch for not watching over them close enough. Most managers know it's in their best interest to avoid it and will send them out on a bulk route where they can't get in too much trouble.