Trying to make me do a split shift

thebrownbox

So short story my job I bidded on is a 22.3 job. This whole whatever you want to call it going on with ups two guys under me we’re forced to do a split shift now yesterday I was brought in the office and as asked if this was something I wanted to do. I’m asking here first because for the other two guys forced one was FT inside and one was a 22.3 driver but also FT but he came after me. I know he talked to the union and he said at first he had no clue about this but then said he had to go along with it..

As for me since I was asked I should not have to be forced to go along with it as well since I was asked? I’m just curious since I have to respond by Friday. I can’t see how it’s saving money.. he couldn’t even tell me how long this would be going on for.

PT Car Washer

So short story my job I bidded on is a 22.3 job. This whole whatever you want to call it going on with ups two guys under me we’re forced to do a split shift now yesterday I was brought in the office and as asked if this was something I wanted to do. I’m asking here first because for the other two guys forced one was FT inside and one was a 22.3 driver but also FT but he came after me. I know he talked to the union and he said at first he had no clue about this but then said he had to go along with it..

As for me since I was asked I should not have to be forced to go along with it as well since I was asked? I’m just curious since I have to respond by Friday. I can’t see how it’s saving money.. he couldn’t even tell me how long this would be going on for.
I guess it depends on how much you want to work. Many 22.3 jobs have been eliminated because of schedule changes or building closures.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

They are asking now, but they will force if you dont

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

F868E4D7-711C-4F20-91F4-AD1CA6CAB511.gif

542thruNthru

Screenshot_20190402-150921.png

RolloTony Brown Town

What was the bid?

thebrownbox

No they have work for early am’s it’s just they are trying to save on hours since normally we would wash cars after but since all the hours have been charged to car wash it’s a shortage of hours. I don’t get how you save hours if you are still coming in later.

You would think they would be happy to have some trucks washed since they haven’t been washed since the last snow storm we had after peak.

22.34life

Stop trying to make sense of the company's decisions.hers my question,is the company trying to say they can force u to take a 2 and 1/2 hour break?I have seen this before,they interpret the 1.5 hour gap and the 1 hour meal period to be separately and not concurrent.that didnt fly in my building.talk to ur steward and buisness agent.

thebrownbox

Well two other air drivers got asked they pointed out in the union book saying if their is not enough work they can make you do a split shift.. they kinda also told them that 22.3 jobs will be going away and maybe turned into 22.4’s but I’m not 100% sure on that... most of the driver stewards haven’t even heard of what’s going on..

It’s so crazy here now they laid off the security guards lol

542thruNthru

Well two other air drivers got asked they pointed out in the union book saying if their is not enough work they can make you do a split shift.. they kinda also told them that 22.3 jobs will be going away and maybe turned into 22.4’s but I’m not 100% sure on that... most of the driver stewards haven’t even heard of what’s going on..

It’s so crazy here now they laid off the security guards lol

Stop listening to the company. You need to call your local and ask them these questions. The company is going to tell you whatever they think you will believe.