Trying to retire.

rod

Retired 22 years
Good luck. It seems like every time someone retires from UPS they are treated like they are the first ones ever to do so and are given the run around. I've heard of very few "smooth" retirements.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Problem is with service years. Was out two time for personal injuries (Surgery). Retirement counselor will not return my calls.
if you used sick days, vacations , etc it should not be an issue. I took several family leaves of 3 months to care for my spouse but it did not effect my service years since all we needed was 500 hours for the year. In the western conference they send you a pension plan booklet to check this info or it should be online.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Good luck. It seems like every time someone retires from UPS they are treated like they are the first ones ever to do so and are given the run around. I've heard of very few "smooth" retirements.
Mine went as smooth as a baby's ass!

It helps to educate one's self and prepare.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Forced Retirement from a Worker’s Comp injury. Never received a annual report. I had already calculated my years of service and had one more year then the Retirement Councial (the man is a joke, received more compassion and empathy from the UPS representative at my Worker’s Comp mediation then from him). Found out that at 57, I was retiring early and was penalized a year worth of service.

oldngray

nowhere special
They used to mail out annual statements of your vesting credit but they went away (as a cost saving measure) several years ago. You can still check on your status but not done automatically. If you have that many years in you would have been working when they still mailed it out and been notified of changes.