Trying to retire.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Every hourly person who retires is treated like they are the first person to do that. Keep on them.
ha, that's funny. we felt the same way. i even asked if i was the first ever person who retired .

worse , was the signing up for retiree health care. my spouse was dropped every month for almost 3 years. we had to call about every month to argue with them.

Shiftless

I remember when I started trying to retire, it was about 30 years before I did!

Crazy part is, my next anniversary of when I retired will be 15 years gone! Half of what
I worked??? I have been so busy traveling and playing and enjoying life retired, time is flying by!

Seen too many friends die! Have seen single event issues sideline buddies for life! All I can see is enjoy what you got, Family, Friends and Life is importante!

DID I TELL YA I LOVE BEING RETIRED!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I remember when I started trying to retire, it was about 30 years before I did!

Crazy part is, my next anniversary of when I retired will be 15 years gone! Half of what
I worked??? I have been so busy traveling and playing and enjoying life retired, time is flying by!

Seen too many friends die! Have seen single event issues sideline buddies for life! All I can see is enjoy what you got, Family, Friends and Life is importante!

DID I TELL YA I LOVE BEING RETIRED!
same here. my goal is to collect pension longer than I worked at UPS. only 19 years left to go. I LOVE getting that email that my pension check has been deposited.

it's nice having 6 Saturdays every week.

twoweeled

Problem is with service years they say I have vs service years I say I have. Has anyone been able to win a dispute?
I've always wondered about how that goes. I know I questioned some of my years, but knew I didn't have the documentation to push it through. So many years past.