TS Sandy

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is from the story and I choose to use it !!!

"........told residents Sunday that he spent a lot of time on the New Jersey shore while growing up and that they’ve got a “homeboy” in the White House who “gets it.”..........."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is from the story and I choose to use it !!!

"........told residents Sunday that he spent a lot of time on the New Jersey shore while growing up and that they’ve got a “homeboy” in the White House who “gets it.”..........."

I Googled "Joe Biden 'homeboy' quote" and this is what I got:

"So as the president said when he was up here with the governor, we’re not going anywhere. We’re not going anywhere. And you’ve got a homeboy in the deal who gets it," said Biden in Seaside Heights, N.J., according to White House pool reports.

“So as the president said when he was up here with the governor, we’re not going anywhere. We’re not going anywhere. And you’ve got a homeboy in the deal who gets it.”

Read more: Joe Biden to Sandy Victims: I'm Your 'Homeboy' - Joe Biden - Fox Nation

Seeking to reassure victims of Hurricane Sandy following a tour of the damaged boardwalk in Seaside Heights, N.J., Vice President Joe Biden told residents Sunday that he spent a lot of time on the New Jersey shore while growing up and that they’ve got a “homeboy” in the White House who “gets it.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hurricane Sandy Victim Obama Promised “Immediate Help” In Iconic Photo Still Hasn’t Received Any Help…
This photo is still displayed prominently on the White House website:

Via NorthJersey.com:

Donna Vanzant struggled through flooded streets and downed power lines two days after superstorm Sandy to reach the ravaged marina she owns in Brigantine.

Secret Service agents were combing the area when she finally arrived, and by the time the afternoon was over, she had met President Obama and shared an emotional hug with him.

The following morning, the image of that embrace, top right, appeared on the front page of The Record and was published and broadcast by news outlets around the world.

I was fortunate enough to be in the pool of news photographers who accompanied the president on his tour of the devastation along the Jersey Shore, and among those who got to photograph Vanzant’s presidential encounter.
I returned to Brigantine last week to see how she was doing.
All but one of the boats in her North Point Marina that were pushed as far as three blocks away by the storm surge have now been recovered, but there is much left to do. Vanzant estimates that her business losses will amount to at least $500,000, including the cost of repairing the marina.
She said she was honored to meet Obama, but she is also frustrated that she has yet to receive help from either her insurance companies or the government. “The president told me I would get immediate help,” she said.

“Looking back on it, it wasted a lot of people’s time,” she said of the visit.

The future of the North Point Marina remains uncertain. “I am just moving minute by minute, because the insurance companies are telling me no, no, no!” she said.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
They need the Republican controlled House to pass funding. Today all they did was say that the insurance that people paid for will be honored.

House Republicans = American Taliban.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They need the Republican controlled House to pass funding. Today all they did was say that the insurance that people paid for will be honored.

House Republicans = American Taliban.

What they needed to do was strip the bill of all the pork that was piggybacked on it.
According to CNN and PBS, about 1/3 of the $9.7B was for stuff unrelated to Sandy.
The National government just sucks.

moreluck

golden ticket member
None of the monies should go anywhere but NJ. or NY.
Fisheries in Alaska aren't even close!! And don't those Alaskans get mega-checks from big oil ?....fix your own fisheries!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via The Blaze:

During an interview on Fox News Friday, Hurricane Sandy victim Scott McGrath went off on President Barack Obama and politicians in Washington who have allowed the nation to rack up debt while neglecting its own citizens. He reminded them “we run this country, not you” in an epic segment.

McGrath lamented the fact that nearly two months later, many Sandy victims still need aid and Congress has only been able to put forth a pork-filled bill that will only partially help those affected by the storm.

“He’s a phony. He’s a liar,” McGrath said of Obama. “He said to be face to face, that he is going to cut the red tape. We’re two months now no red tapes been cut.”

roadrunner2012

Troll

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What they needed to do was strip the bill of all the pork that was piggybacked on it.
According to CNN and PBS, about 1/3 of the $9.7B was for stuff unrelated to Sandy.
The National government just sucks.

If you would read my post, I quoted the sources as CNN and PBS (hardly conservative news sources).
I don't care where the pork was funneled ... it's still pork and should not be in the bill.
National Government SOP and SNAFU.

PS -If I had known you were going to reply, I would have bolded and made it red the first time ... my bad.

roadrunner2012

Troll

moreluck

golden ticket member
I know it hasn't been passed.....it's just to show you what these creeps will try to sneak through. They would never present the bill with just their crap on it because they know they will get no votes......so sneaky is the only way they know!!