TSP 2024 officially over starting 3/1

Manifesto

I personally don't care one way or the other about TSP, but it's obviously never going to work when the upper management in an unknown location tell your building how many drivers they must have on lay off for a certain week. Which leads to staffing issues because there are not enough drivers to handle the volume. Because the ones that are laid off and want to work .... are not allowed to work.

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
I personally don't care one way or the other about TSP, but it's obviously never going to work when the upper management in an unknown location tell your building how many drivers they must have on lay off for a certain week. Which leads to staffing issues because there are not enough drivers to handle the volume. Because the ones that are laid off and want to work .... are not allowed to work.
What is TSP?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Their numbers are stupid. I welcome this fight.
DD5663A1-EDD4-4E5D-B5E8-CA985A6B5754.gif

ManInBrown

All time studies on almost every route are from decades ago. Right from a disgruntled center manager’s mouth on a 9.5 three day ride. Their numbers are meaningless. It’s all just a dumb game.

Thebrownblob

All time studies on almost every route are from decades ago. Right from a disgruntled center manager’s mouth on a 9.5 three day ride. Their numbers are meaningless. It’s all just a dumb game.
They haven’t done a real time study in years. It’s been virtual for a long time.

some1else

Banned
They haven’t done a real time study in years. It’s been virtual for a long time.
yup. Almost every rural route at my center lost 90minutes when they did the “virtual” time study for the first time it was about 15 years ago. A lot of us when from being excellent scratch drivers to 1-1.5hrs over a day.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
yup. Almost every rural route at my center lost 90minutes when they did the “virtual” time study for the first time it was about 15 years ago. A lot of us when from being excellent scratch drivers to 1-1.5hrs over a day.
Yep, the few remaining 30 year drivers we have left say the same thing. "Ive worked at the same pace for 25 years, and about 15 years ago something happened and now I'm constantly being asked "what's going on out there"

Brownwind

Yep, the few remaining 30 year drivers we have left say the same thing. "Ive worked at the same pace for 25 years, and about 15 years ago something happened and now I'm constantly being asked "what's going on out there"
I have probably the most rural route any of us have. I sit at gates and chain stations for hours. Sometimes the rangers deliver more than I do.
The thing is the customer is king. If they don’t order we don’t work. I always took care of the customer

allowances aren't stagnant, they're just updated centrally from ORWM people who pick through colossal amounts of data

Sporhwhore

That’s just so ridiculous… doing same smilet where I’m at… and then when they have too many call offs or personal days they cut routes write up people out of days or guilt trip others into coming in when they have 10 drivers at home waiting to work and wanting to work!!!!