TSP Day 1

upsdude

So, how did day one of the TSP deal work for you guys?

Everything went pretty well here. The preload was down and complete at 7:30. My new start time is 8:15 and I was on road at 8:20. It’s probably going to take a couple days to get used to being in areas at different times. I was off the clock and home eating dinner at 6:00.:thumbup1:

upsdude

TSP? whats that?

TSP……………..

Total Service Plan

Earlier start times to get us on the street and at the customer’s door sooner. Pickup pieces back to the building earlier, processed and out the door.

My start time went from 8:45 to 8:15. Anyone that has been driving any length of time knows what a huge difference an earlier “left building” time can make.

Pip

Is it the east central region, or just the atlantic district trying this pilot program?. The reason I ask is, when my sup was going over it with me, he said it was just the district trying it for a year. If it is successful, then should be going national.

Could have been I misunderstood, he told me at 9am that morning, By that time, I'm thinking of going home and to bed. The mind doesn't always comprehend some things when in desperate need of sleep. hehehe.

In any event, the goals that was explained to me are reasonable, at least for the mechanics, not sure about the drivers goals. if the goals are met, In all likelyhood, should be good for the company as a whole. But, they are goals, reality is another thing, to many variables to play into things.

local804

TSP is done here yearly also. It usually lasts for a couple of weeks and then start times back to normal. Havent heard a word about it yet.

SmithBarney

No wonder I never heard of it, our start times are 9:15, never out of the
building before 9:50.. most days about 1015 leaving the building, preload
can't get it down, even the "stacked" trucks have piles of stuff not for their
truck behind them. noon commit for air, but still.

I do fondly remember having one day that started at 8:30...(we were missing 1 feeder) what a day/ I was done with all my deliveries and lunch before my pickups.. then I had to wait on my pickups.. sweet memories

FedEx Express was always out servicing while I was driving to work.(from home)
heck even Ground was up and running in our area before us(and they have a 45 minute drive to get to our city)

Overpaid Union Thug

8:15 start times ended a coupld months after peak of 2005. I miss those days. I could wipe out so many ground stops while running air. Now I can barely touch ground packages until after 10:30.

hangin455

I have heard a few different names for this (on time network was one) and it lasts for a few weeks and then it's back to business as usual. When the hubs start leaving packages in buildings and can't get done on time it'll fade fast.....

Cementups

Box Monkey
we started TSP on Monday. My start time is 8:10 and I was out of the building in less than 10 minutes each of the first 3 days. the building is wrapped when I get there. I haven't been over 9 hours yet.

So far i see the biggest advantage of it is being able to get more ground off with the air and elimintaing retracing your steps. Saves soo much time. and being home in the daylight is awesome as well.

Griff

TSP is another pointless paper numbers rat race for operations managers. Our center manager is obsessed with noone being over 9.5, it's quite a sight to behold. There's a huge push to get everyone in and off the clock by 6:30. They must be getting a lot of heat because our center manager is trying to scare everyone into skipping breaks and running. How do these people sleep at night?

Our start time changed by 10 minutes. We are still working with the same ridiculously bad loops and 9-10hr dispatches. BUT NEVERMIND THAT, JUST GET BACK IN UNDER 9.5, BE SAFE!

Last edited: