TSP....go bye byes

Cementups

Box Monkey
Well this TSP plan seems to already be short lived. After about 2 months of TSP and earlier start times we were told this morning that our sart times may be getting bumped back10-15 minutes because feeders can't get in on time witht he loads to make the sort. What a frickin' joke:mad:

upsdude

It’s been a success here. The center is running 90%+ “in range”, preload is wrapping up by 8:00 AM every morning.

Pip

Here in Hagerstown, it seems that probably 4 out of 5 days the guys are out the door by 8:45. Before TSP kicked in, the guys were never out before 9am. Tuesday is usually a busy day here where things get slowed a bit.

hangin455

I have seen the total service plan about 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years. Unfortunately what you're experiencing is what I've seen happen in the past - starts out strong, loses momentum and then you're back to the same ole thing. The problem is that everybody in the chain is responsible for a different set of results. Putting on a few more people in the hub so it goes down on time doesn't necessarily make it run more efficiently. Lowering stops on drivers and putting a few more on so pickup packages get back to the hub on time doesn't necessarily help the center's numbers either. Feeders could add some drivers to insure everything runs on time in the event of highway delays but that doesn't make their number either.
The problem is that no one on high will give anyone permission to run less than plan in order to insure on time network performance. Therefore, everything reverts back to the same old plan where everybody's covering their butts at (possibly) somebody else's expense.
Probably the biggest cost in operations is package driver OT and the service plan addresses that well but it always seems to fall apart in time. The drivers here definitely look at it as flavor of the month.

Delivered

Here in Hagerstown, it seems that probably 4 out of 5 days the guys are out the door by 8:45. Before TSP kicked in, the guys were never out before 9am.

My Hub is only 90 miles from Louisville and our Air Trailer is late everyday we never leave before 9:05

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
705, most of us who have that many air stops and leave late literally do nothing but overnights. 15 overnights in 90 minutes is pretty easy. Just doing no bulk while you're doing it (which sucks, nice to get rid of a shelf or two and some bulk before 1030).

I hate it. We used (or I should say I used to, since I tow a TP60) started at 805. Gave me plenty of time to hitch up and get out on the road. Plenty of time to get my stuff done and do pickups. Always was on the road by 810 everyday. Now we're starting at 825 (and I have to start with the rest, so I have to weave in and out of traffic to get on the road now). I'm lucky to get on the road by 835, usually 840. They suddenly wonder why we're having a problem getting done at the same time (hmmmm, maybe a 30 minute later start might do it). Mind you, we're in a remote center. So takes me almost 25-30 minutes just to make it to my route (and I'm the furthest commited 1030 business route in the center).