Tuesday

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had to get a grievance ready to turn in tomorrow, and have a talk with my Manager tonight before I went home on what should be done tomorrow, and if I'll be back on my trip. The problem is, is they waited until Peak to have a new driver only trained on one trip. Mine. Now they're shocked that I don't want to run a trip I had years ago because I'm not up for 250+ a day, when mine went out with 160 today, and will probably stay in the 160-175 range throughout peak. I'm not a young guy anymore. I'd like to run the trip I bid specifically because my old :censored2: can't hang with the young kids running now-a-days.

Is your "trip" a training route? If so, you do not have basis for a grievance.

laffter

I was 18 minutes shy of an 8-hour day in preload this morning. I'll get another six or so hours helping this afternoon. I'm liking this!$

Besides the chaotic start, it wasn't so bad. ~1,800 pieces (6xx for a Post Office). I predict that tomorrow will actually be a heavier day- for me, anyway.

gingerkat

Well I did do it last year and I have a brain - lol. Plus once you learn the board, listen to how your driver wants things, it isn't too hard.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had many helpers who would get lost from the truck to customer's front door. And get distracted on the way back as if they were looking for butterflies in December.

gingerkat

^^LOL
The only thing I'm irritated about is that I don't have a key this year. Some cover lost his "clicker" and now I have to stand around at times and wait.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Today was heavier.....and bulkier. And they sent all the seasonals home and left four cars open for us all to load. Just in case we didn't have enough to do....lol.

gingerkat

I heard today was going to be a bitch - last night? I got a call from a helper coordinator at 9:30pm asking me if "I was alright and was going to continue working with x and if I needed anything". WTF? She said today was really heavy and was just checking in on people. That was weird.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I heard today was going to be a bitch - last night? I got a call from a helper coordinator at 9:30pm asking me if "I was alright and was going to continue working with x and if I needed anything". WTF? She said today was really heavy and was just checking in on people. That was weird.
Helpers quit all the time.... It's funny...my center manager did that to me last peak. Got into an accident on my way to work....and was out for almost a week. center manager called 3 times to "see how i was doing"....translation...when the hell are you coming back to work?.....lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Photo2030.jpg
it's 10pm....do you know where your drivers are??

gingerkat

Why can't the driver get a new FOB or use the spare one? Or get another bulk head/rear door key.
I asked him a few times and his response was "I keep telling you, they just don't care here". Which is true I think, I haven't gotten one safety check this year (last year at the other hub I got two).