Tuesday

Whargoul

My loader is a POS. I tried coaching him on how to load and even told him I'd give a nice tip for doing well during peak. I had so many missing pkgs and stuff in the wrong areas - it was a nightmare finding anything. This is a kid who had 14 misloads in one day. I even caught him listening to backstreet boys in the pkg car the other day!

My loader is a POS. I tried coaching him on how to load and even told him I'd give a nice tip for doing well during peak. I had so many missing pkgs and stuff in the wrong areas - it was a nightmare finding anything. This is a kid who had 14 misloads in one day. I even caught him listening to backstreet boys in the pkg car the other day!
Just become one with the chaos. The quicker you make peace with this place and how messed up it is the quicker you can move on and not let it control you. Your motto should be who cares about the load.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I punched out at 2100 and there were many drivers still out. My building looked like December 23 today. We are forecasted for 30,000 pieces tomorrow,our PEAK day last year we handled 27,500...... I love being paid by the hour

alwaysoverallowed

It's almost Wednesday and just got home, 1050 punch out, and there were still guys out or on their breaks. We're forecasted to get over 100k tomorrow so we are basically punching in with the attitude that we only have to work 'til 950 and damn the rest.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I punched out at 2100 and there were many drivers still out. My building looked like December 23 today. We are forecasted for 30,000 pieces tomorrow,our PEAK day last year we handled 27,500...... I love being paid by the hour
We were told today was heavier than our peak day last year and the rest of week is supposed to be worse. $$$$$$$$$$

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

0940 start----left bldg at 1030----197 stops----450+ pkgs----was told I could use helper for 4 hours---kept him for 5:40----punched out and gone by 1815----no lunch/break.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Doesn't surprise me.

They want to send us out 50 minutes late they can take their lunch and shove it. I would rather get paid for the 45 minutes then have to go sit somewhere for 45 minutes after all of my work is done. There is no way that I could have stopped during the day and have finished all of my work on time.

upschuck

They want to send us out 50 minutes late they can take their lunch and shove it. I would rather get paid for the 45 minutes then have to go sit somewhere for 45 minutes after all of my work is done. There is no way that I could have stopped during the day and have finished all of my work on time.

And that is why they give you all of it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Latest day in my career. Punched out at 10. 150 stops, 275 pieces and 295 miles nicely packed into a P57. Where did this avatar come from?

jaker

trolling
Left hub at 915 got on route at 10 with 180 stops , done by 5 went and help with the ups store and went home for dinner drove back to hub punched out at 8

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I know it is peak season and all that crap but shame on you for caring about service.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It'd be nice if the company cared about service, or the employee.
The company is an inanimate entity that cannot care or not care.
I have met few individuals at UPS that did not care about service.
I have seen quite a few directives and plans that resulted in poor service regardless of intent.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The company is an inanimate entity that cannot care or not care.
I have met few individuals at UPS that did not care about service.
I have seen quite a few directives and plans that resulted in poor service regardless of intent.
It's not okay for an employee to skip lunches, breaks, work unsafely or otherwise - to make up for those shortcomings.
I don't disagree with you. But sorry UPS and customer, if you plan to fail, I'm not going to bail you out by shortcutting.