Turn over rate for center manager's

oldngray

nowhere special
It soooo funny that our center is like a "set up" for center manager's. All the on roads tend feel out what the center manager is like. If he/she doesn't have certain qualities or weak they will act stupid and give a run around.
How often do you see your center manager do hourly work?

center manager usually has his favorite he is grooming to take his place and the other sup who gets stuck doing all the :censored2:ty work. center manager doesn't need to leave his office. He has a computer and a phone.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Seems like the duration was about 2 years in package. Feeders, they seem to hang around a lot longer. When I retired, the manager had been there like 10 years.

tacken

Who cares. Bring anyone in. Its the same talk from a different person. Let me due my job I deliver packages, its not rocket science.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I was wondering if it's a normal thing for a center manager to be at a center for 9 months to a year?
I been here for 8 years now and every year we have a new center manager? Any thoughts?
whatever the rate, it ain't quick enough. i always liked the "honeymoon" period of several months when we got a new center manager. then the SWHTF and we would all be filing grievance to get rid of him.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
January will be 3 years for our center manager. He should be a union organizer when he retires as he has gotten quite a few people in our building to join the Union. We have shown him who the boss is by BURYING him in grievances ever sicce he took over ,and i swear he is being kept in our building as Punishment

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
January will be 3 years for our center manager. He should be a union organizer when he retires as he has gotten quite a few people in our building to join the Union. We have shown him who the boss is by BURYING him in grievances ever sicce he took over ,and i swear he is being kept in our building as Punishment
i never thought of it that way but i agree. the worse managers help keep the union membership strong and the good/fair managers don;t really weaken it but they kill us with kindness and usually get what they want.

excellent post.