Twilight Zone

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
With 21 total years at the company I volunteered to unload containers and did that for almost four years. We had a couple of senior 20+ year couriers working heavy rts at that station because they preferred them. Have seen that elsewhere too. It's not ALL. This from a guy who tells me my anecdotes from working at multiple stations don't mean anything but he KNOWS that ALL senior couriers are that way. Arrogant prig.
"BUT I KNOW OF A FEW HERE AND THERE WHO DIDN'T!!!!"

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Immune. An age-related EEOC complaint, no matter how groundless, renders the person who files it nearly untouchable.
Seriously though, I only know one senior person who was immune. She was untouchable no matter what she did. We all used to wonder what she had on management. I know many people disciplined for things she was never disciplined for, including a firing of a coworker for attendance.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Seriously though, I only know one senior person who was immune. She was untouchable no matter what she did. We all used to wonder what she had on management. I know many people disciplined for things she was never disciplined for, including a firing of a coworker for attendance.
It only takes one and the reasoning can't be so hideously stupid that it sounds like it came from some of the people who post here. The employee might be put under the authority of another manager while it's investigated to prevent the accused from trying to sweet talk the accuser into dropping it. Or from doing any kind of retaliation.

Once the investigation is over and settled, it's hard to discipline the accuser because he can go to HR claiming that he's only being disciplined because he filed an EEOC complaint and then *that* has to be investigated. HR has to investigate EVERY claim that's made and will, to a fault, protect and employee during the course of an investigation.

Some managers aren't fazed by it unless it gets to the point of ridiculousness. Most will just put up with whatever the problem is because they don't want a hassle. Some are so embarrassingly terrified of an EEOC complaint that all you have to do is to suggest that there's an EEOC problem and they'll give in to just about anything.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
She must have had an affair with a married boss and threatened to tell his wife.

Stat41

Do any of you senior couriers ever feel like you’re in the Twilight Zone as you go to work now? It’s so bad and the management (Except one) at my station so bad, that it’s all I can do to come to work anymore. Almost all of The senior couriers at my station feel the same way. I can only imagine how much worse it will get when the two sorts rolls out.

Our management is resorting to threats all the time to get things done. I can’t wait for SFA. Yeah, yeah, I know it’s pretty much useless at this point, but it will make ME feel better. Lol. I’m really starting to worry about how long this company will last.
I absolutely agree with you! Same here, almost all the senior couriers feel the same and the management team at my station is the worst I have ever seen. Just a group of mindless drones trying to enforce a myriad of conflicting policies with no thought whatsoever. It has been said that some companies are like dynosaurs, the bigger they get the smaller their brains become. I think this is definately the case with Fedex.