Two Days Left After Some Vacation Time.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They did it I guess about 50% of the time where I worked. They would get somebody to cover the retirees' run on the last day, and the retiree would just hang around upstairs where they usually had snacks and cokes and he would shake hands and hear all the well wishes.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
no one knows that my last day is Tuesday except the center manager and that's the way I want it. he said he would inform the people that need to know. he even asked me to stay on longer. he meant it too. I told him if the other supes were like him I would stay a couple more years.

but my pension and other retirement plus social security is about the same as I am making now so it really doesn't make sense to stay even though I enjoy the driving. its the people that get in the way.

I get my first pension check Wednesday and its about 500 bucks more than I expected. that's all the thanks I need. i'll celebrate quietly with my spouse and dog.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
no one knows that my last day is Tuesday except the center manager and that's the way I want it. he said he would inform the people that need to know. he even asked me to stay on longer. he meant it too. I told him if the other supes were like him I would stay a couple more years.

but my pension and other retirement plus social security is about the same as I am making now so it really doesn't make sense to stay even though I enjoy the driving. its the people that get in the way.

I get my first pension check Wednesday and its about 500 bucks more than I expected. that's all the thanks I need. i'll celebrate quietly with my spouse and dog.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1435446614.244538.jpg

Been retired for about 1 1/2 years the stress is gone back and knees don't hurt anymore it is better than I could have imagined
Good Luck!!!

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
amen to that, knees,back,hands and feet don't hurt and lost my sense of urgency, life is great but i did put on about 25 lbs the first year now i am walking for fun and have lost about 15 of the 25

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
im looking forward to getting my life back. aches and pains will hopefully lessen along with the constant fatigue from working graveyard for most of last 25 years.

Ecw21411

Congrats [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I don't miss UPS even a little bit. I do, however miss some of the friendships I made over almost 40 years working there. Sleep in today.. Why the hell not? lol. Congrats.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-7125-1386184629-19.gif