Two Days Left After Some Vacation Time.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
they called last night and left a message on my answering machine to call back. they left two more messages a half hour apart asking me to call back asap.

this morning they called twice with the same message.

probably will get a certified letter on Wednesday with a 72 hr notice.

maybe I should get a new ID and social security number and go back to work as Juanita Gonzalez.

ManInBrown

I don't ever recall UPS management acknowledging any ones retirement at my center. Nothing was mentioned at the AM about me retiring- I worked probably 9+ hours -punched out and went to the bar to meet my wife.
That's just flat out wrong. They make it a whole thing in the PCM here when it's someone's last day. Some people don't like the attention. Some do. We had a driver a few months ago retire and he didn't say a word to anyone. Asked the Sups to not even mention it in the PCM. He was there one day, and gone the next. 28 years put in.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Good for you! You will enjoy your retirement immensely I'm sure. My wife and I just got back from a 3 week vacation in our rig you see in my avatar. We made a huge oblong circle that included The Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis; Yellowstone Nat'l park; The Grand Tetons; Bryce Canyon; and lastly, the Grand Canyon's North Rim. We saw so much in between all those places it was absolutely cool. I would take up too much bandwidth to list it all here. We had a blast!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No wonder people don't think very highly of you here. Even if you're trying to be funny you come across as being a pompous :censored2:.

I wasn't trying to be funny. I find her posts to be completely without value and hope that no one is foolish enough to follow her financial advice.

joesmith

could have worked the 2 days first and then gone out but want to take all vacation time and then work the last 2 days.

the last couple weeks has been really different. looking at everything with different eyes knowing this is finally the end.

trying to be nice to everyone even if it's hard, ha ha.

trying to remember all the good things in my minds eye so I can leave on a high note.

Good luck i have enjoyed some of your recent posts

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I wasn't trying to be funny. I find her posts to be completely without value and hope that no one is foolish enough to follow her financial advice.
Not very good with the ladies are you? Still single I bet.

Regardless of your views , you still should treat a woman, any woman with a different level of respect and etiquette whether you like them or not.

There's that narcissism again. Abuse and mistreatment of women is a huge sign of it.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'd gladly post some of my professional pics but the mods would not allow them. they would kick me off this site for sure.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
trying to get into a routine since I retired. walk dog early morning, yard work, clean house. have a nice salad on front deck for brunch. then taking the afternoon off like going to lake or taking a drive out to the country. still dancing on sundays and spending the money eating out or going to shows in Reno.

so far more work than leisure but am sure that will change as soon as I catch up.

Congrats. Did they calculate your pension under the old or new pension contributions? I retired last year and they still have to recalculate mine based on the new contract pension contributions. I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting a long time for the new contribution rate.