Two Days Left After Some Vacation Time.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
could have worked the 2 days first and then gone out but want to take all vacation time and then work the last 2 days.

the last couple weeks has been really different. looking at everything with different eyes knowing this is finally the end.

trying to be nice to everyone even if it's hard, ha ha.

trying to remember all the good things in my minds eye so I can leave on a high note.

Ramster

could have worked the 2 days first and then gone out but want to take all vacation time and then work the last 2 days.

the last couple weeks has been really different. looking at everything with different eyes knowing this is finally the end.

trying to be nice to everyone even if it's hard, ha ha.

trying to remember all the good things in my minds eye so I can leave on a high note.
That the way to go out. One of my greatest pleasures is thinking back how I spent my last few weeks closing that chapter in my life. I let UPS control 31 years of my life,but I ended my career exactly the way I wanted to. Thanked the people who were important and like you took the high road with the others.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
they called me to work during my vacation but I didn't call back.

I miss work but NOT that much.

these dingbats will probably call after I retire. I would occasionally if it didn't affect my pension.

newfups

I'm just finishing my 3rd week of retirement after 30 years. I left by thanking everyone who was important to me. Haven't looked back. Feels great.

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
congrats olroad, you will probably get called by an oms or a coverage sup occasionally. it took them about a year and a half to lose my number. hopefully you got paid out for all your vacation,sick, and holiday pay you accumulated.
you and yours have earned it now enjoy it

rod

Retired 22 years
Congratulations on your retirement. Now stick around the Brown Café because we need MORE retired people on here------------don't we upstate.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They might let you come in your last day and hang around and say goodbye. They do that sometimes where I worked. I went out on a career ending injury and didn't get to say any goodbye's to the other drivers that I wanted to keep in touch with. I've been retired 16 months and I'm sure some folks don't even know I retired. Congrats on your decision. And please do come back here...if not just for Upstate's sake.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't ever recall UPS management acknowledging any ones retirement at my center. Nothing was mentioned at the AM about me retiring- I worked probably 9+ hours -punched out and went to the bar to meet my wife.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I don't ever recall UPS management acknowledging any ones retirement at my center. Nothing was mentioned at the AM about me retiring- I worked probably 9+ hours -punched out and went to the bar to meet my wife.

That's insane. You dedicated how many years of your life to this company the least they can do is honor you on your retirement.

rod

Retired 22 years
That's insane. You dedicated how many years of your life to this company the least they can do is honor you on your retirement.

Like I said---it wasn't only me- it was just the way they operated. It is really crappy but in all reality all anyone wants is to "just get the last day over with".