Two Killed In Crash Involving Two Semi-Trucks On Turnpike In Grady Co.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My point was they drive a passenger vehicle and know how dangerous it is to park on the shoulder.

I cannot imagine parking my pkg car, let alone a set of triples, on the shoulder of a major highway.

Our guy put himself in an unsafe situation from which he did not walk away.
:blahblah::blahblah:He paid for his decision with his life....I'm sure he had a good reason.

upschuck

Upstate is talking through his limited knowledge of feeder rules and regulations, as is a lot of us. I hope he was following procedure, because if not, that failure cost him his life. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, because I have seen no evidence to the contrary. God bless both families involved here.

trickpony1

"It doesn't take a Mensa candidate to see that it is not a good idea to pull a set of triples on to the shoulder of a major interstate.

Contributory negligence."

The law firm of upstate, upstate and upstate has spoken.
As others have said, there was no where else for him to go.

You know nothing of the operating systems of that type of vehicle.

That stretch of highway is not heavily traveled at that time of night.

Do yourself a favor and stop making yourself look like a bigger fool than you really are, especially in front of your feeder qualified friends (?).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hopefully someone will read this and think twice before putting themselves in to a dangerous situation from which they may not walk away.

Do you think it would be safe for a feeder driver to park a set of doubles or triples on the shoulder of the NY Thruway or NJ Turnpike?

trickpony1

Do you think it would be safe for a feeder driver to park a set of doubles or triples on the shoulder of the NY Thruway or NJ Turnpike?

I think a better question would be: do you think it would be safe for a feeder driver to wait until he lost ALL his air and his brakes locked up in the traveled lanes of the NY Thruway?

We've been trying to tell you, upstate, that you don't know what you're talking about but you just want to keep on babbling......

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Fair enough.

Let's see if you can justify getting between two if the trailers while parked on the shoulder of a busy interstate.

You don't have to be feeder qualified to see that this is an accident waiting to happen.

upschuck

Fair enough.

Let's see if you can justify getting between two if the trailers while parked on the shoulder of a busy interstate.

You don't have to be feeder qualified to see that this is an accident waiting to happen.
He was obviously checking on a mechanical issue, wasn't like he was taking a break, drinking a beer. Give this fellow driver a little credit, and the respect that he knew what he was doing.

He was obviously checking out a mechanical issue, wasn't like he was taking a break, drinking a beer. Give this fellow driver a little credit, and the respect that he knew what he was doing.
You can't always choose,where you vehicle breaks down. All that you can do,Is try to pull over. In the best place thats available.

Last edited:

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The last thing this driver thought would happen is another driver would run into the back of his rear box. We will never know the reason he pulled over, but having a set of triples makes your chances of having an airleak 3X more likely as pulling a single. I've pulled over to the side of the highway many times in my 29 year feeder career. Hell, I've got out at a long light, put my flashers on jiggled a light cord before. Could have been a light issue, might have been losing air pressure on his gauges and had to trace it down. He could have been "watering a dolly." There is no time like the present to nip a problem in the bud. Singles, doubles, triples, it doesn't matter, the profile from the rear is the same for all three. As someone who has seen literally hundreds of sleepy drivers on the highway, I'm speculating here that this was a factor in rear ending a stationary object. R.I.P, brother.