Two rigs crash

over9five

Staff member
Ouch, check out that picture. I'm thinking the Fedex guy may have dozed off.

This is a road I travel a lot. It's true what some of the comments say about Mass not having many rest areas. I hear truckers complaining of that all the time.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Yep- Fedex dozed off, tractor eased over to the right. But look at the picture of the drop frame, and think about the force needed to do that amount of damage. Then look at the Yellow incident, and think about what that driver DIDN'T do.

Tiny Panda

Trailers are actually very fragile in the reality of it, they're only thin aluminium and although strong for what they do the size and weight of the trucks means it takes very little to actually do that kind of damage.

tieguy

Banned
rumor has it a chema feeder driver cut them off and kept going. Said something about it being his turn to moderate:happy-very:

over9five

Staff member
Over9 must have a turned up feeder. Fedex Ground drivers are always blowing my doors off.

We were discussing that at work last night, must be like that everywhere. Amazing how fast Fedex goes pulling a set.

I go up and down 290 all the time. Wonder if he's blown by me before? (And I wonder if he will again?).

Had a UPSF driver with a set go by on I-294 in a construction (45mph) area at 75mph the other day. Guess we had some hot freight. Wouldn`t want that ticket though.

lazydriver

Fedex Ground uses airride drop frames with crank landing gears and supersingle dollies. American Freightways drivers would sometimes get on the UPS company channel and chat awhile before they got out of cb range. After Fedex bought them out and became Fedex Freight their drivers won't talk to Busterbrown drivers as they blow by.