U A W Strike

PuqklV5RXf82c.gif

Karma...

seems like much apathy concerning their strike.......the ceos should take a pay cut to around 15 times what the lowest union worker makes.....as the original Henry Ford said..a regular line worker should be able to afford the car they are making......

JL 0513

seems like much apathy concerning their strike.......the ceos should take a pay cut to around 15 times what the lowest union worker makes.....as the original Henry Ford said..a regular line worker should be able to afford the car they are making......
They can when the vehicle is 5 years old. Assuming their spouse also works.

Karma...

I am glad the second amendment is alive and well here at the brown cafe...it is the last bastion of freedom against the tyranny of the excesses of both state and federal governments.

DOK

It’s funny the union is pleading with and demanding Ford to pump the brakes on their aggressive transition to converting their production to mostly EV’s, the union feels this will cost jobs and jeopardize Ford’s future as EV’s aren’t selling. Yet the union supports the Biden administration who are mandating the manufacturers switch over to EV production.

Strange time we are in.

From a Land Brown Under

It’s funny the union is pleading with and demanding Ford to pump the brakes on their aggressive transition to converting their production to mostly EV’s, the union feels this will cost jobs and jeopardize Ford’s future as EV’s aren’t selling. Yet the union supports the Biden administration who are mandating the manufacturers switch over to EV production.

Strange time we are in.
This isn't a hard concept to understand. The union recognizes that the American infrastructure won't even be close to capable to meet or satisfy EV demand. There is no universal agreed upon system yet. This "gotcha" logic is so r-slurred. Nothing strange about it, in fact, this question has been a subject of debate since the beginning of EV's wide-spread adoption. The executives are out of touch as usual, and pushing change that the average person (i.e, union employe) cannot afford nor feasible sustain.

Thebrownblob

This isn't a hard concept to understand. The union recognizes that the American infrastructure won't even be close to capable to meet or satisfy EV demand. There is no universal agreed upon system yet. This "gotcha" logic is so r-slurred. Nothing strange about it, in fact, this question has been a subject of debate since the beginning of EV's wide-spread adoption. The executives are out of touch as usual, and pushing change that the average person (i.e, union employe) cannot afford nor feasible sustain.
I think the government is putting pressure on all of that, even though EVs are not the answer.

Up In Smoke

Play toys for folk that can afford them. Meanwhile car prices are through the roof. Saves nothing in terms of carbon output.
I drove a 2024 GMC 2500HD Denali Ultimate last week while my 2022 was getting oil change and rotation. First 100k vehicle I've ever driven. Most new vehicles are sold to a small segment of the population.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Last edited: