U.S. Economy Trends Downward After Democrats Win the House

newfie

Take not of what day I posted that comment.....Sunday December 3rd. Oh by the way to market today actually finished down. The only exchange that finished up was the NASDAQ and it was only up slightly.
You mean it goes up and down and up and down ? Shocker

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Ah,so collective bargaining is in your opinion a Ponzi scheme?
Regardless of whether it is a Ponzi Scheme, I fully support Collective Bargaining.
That is the only way to protect the workforce from the excesses of Management.
The Board and Management of Corporations throw people out the door and reduce benefits of employees when they must cut costs.
I saw that at UPS when the management employees had their benefits slashed whilst the Union people did not.
Union employees had some of their benefits reduced but nothing like management.
HP (Hewlitt-Packard) is another example. They use to be considered the paradigm of how a company should take care of and nurture their employees but when the times got tough for HP, they forgot any loyalty to their employees.
Hopefully, programmers and other white collar employees will be the the nexus of the resurgence of the Collective Bargaining organizations in the USA.

BTW - other than the District Manager, there are no real management people at UPS in the Districts, operations or staff.

vantexan

Haven’t brought this one out in a while:

OMG, who cares??!?
If people are pushing a narrative that $21 TRILLION Dollars went up in smoke with no accountability then everyone should care. It's a false narrative. If you care about certain government programs and people were trying to damage those programs by making false claims I'm certain you'd care.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Lulz. Programmers can set their own wages right now. The only way to hire a good one is to steal them from their current employer. Unions only work for unskilled labor.
The horizon is as distant as the mind's eye!
Coal jobs are not going to be restored either.

I understand your inability to see White-collar workers looking to collective bargaining to protect and represent future workers.

Last edited:

It will be fine

The horizon is as distant as the mind's eye!
Coal jobs are not going to be restored either.

We do not look to you for leadership ... thankfully.
Ad hominem attack. It understandable, you made a bad point and couldn’t defend it so you attack the person challenging it. No code monkey worth anything would want union representation, they can do better on their own.