Uh oh, is this a sign that's something bad is coming?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Who in the hell puts 666 in front of their house? I'm guessing that's not their street address. Nobody would buy a house numbered as such and it would never pass zoning.

The 666 was put there by the local electric utility, not the homeowner, to identify their mini substation.

There are many homes that use 666 as their number and there is nothing with any local zoning laws that would prevent it. House numbers under the 911 system increase by 2 for every 50'.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The 666 was put there by the local electric utility, not the homeowner, to identify their mini substation.

There are many homes that use 666 as their number and there is nothing with any local zoning laws that would prevent it. House numbers under the 911 system increase by 2 for every 50'.
A lot of Townships around here do not allow the number 13 on a house.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yeah #13 is a common one , but that other# on a resis is the 1st...

Here's a commercial address as an example:

Poke House
666 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304

I'm not that religious anymore, but still...

DriverNerd

IMG_20141002_124120_134.jpg

dezguy

Worked with a guy who had a regular resi delivery who's address was 666. Guy refused to deliver there and management accommodated him. They would send out an overflow driver to do that one stop, whenever it came in.

bacha29

Worked with a guy who had a regular resi delivery who's address was 666. Guy refused to deliver there and management accommodated him. They would send out an overflow driver to do that one stop, whenever it came in.
My house number is 109 just like PT 109 and I've been on watch everyday waiting for the Jap destroyer to come along and cut my house in two even though the only navigable waterway is 200 miles away. But, you never can tell .

DriverNerd

barely broke in as far as UPS is concerned
Finally got it up to 684,000 when UPS "retired" it. It still ran great and I miss that truck, but it needed a new engine and the mechanic said with all the new Freightliners coming in they were to scrap the old Internationals. Damn.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Why?

Not everyone is religious.
It's like most hotels don't have a 13th floor. Superstition or whatever you want to call it. You don't have to be religious to not want your house number to be 666. Ever see a car license plate with 666 as it's number? Didn't think so. You make it sound like it's "weird" to question having 666 as an address. It is considered satanic. You don't have to be religious or even believe in Satan to not want that number.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's like most hotels don't have a 13th floor. Superstition or whatever you want to call it. You don't have to be religious to not want your house number to be 666. Ever see a car license plate with 666 as it's number? Didn't think so. You make it sound like it's "weird" to question having 666 as an address. It is considered satanic. You don't have to be religious or even believe in Satan to not want that number.
It's weird if you don't believe in religion. The #13 thing is dumb too.

Plenty of license plates have 666 in them. We have a package car with 666 in it.