Year end totals:

maxicoze

Here are my year end totals for '16:
FullSizeRender-1_zpsq2lrdgfj.jpg

i am at the 2 year payscale, thus $20 per hour.

i also do a part-time drop and hook gig on the weekends, usually one or two sundays every month which brought in a little more to make my complete total at a little over 61K:
FullSizeRender%203_zps5frd1mtr.jpg

final UPS gross 59,179.42 + transforce gross 2,545.75 = $61.725.17

This weekend gig i don't do every weekend---maybe once, twice a month usually on sunday only. And it's really easy----almost not a job really. You just show up, casually drive to like 2 grocery stores. You don't touch jack---the receivers do everything. The only things you touch are the steering wheel, shift lever and landing gear crank handle. Just very laid back----no time pressure---you get there when you get there.

But anyways, back to upsF: i'm not entirely happy with the number considering all the hours i put in. Also, remember that i actually had a linehaul run for a while-----and still couldn't break 60K; So i guess this kinda shows how low the pay is for P+D when you are just starting out.

On the other hand, the 59K was the most i had ever made at any job so far, period. And thus the 61K IS the most i've ever grossed in a year.

My assessment so far on UPSF:

Complaints:

1) Little too much time pressure; You could very well have 21 or more stops. This may or may not include pickups. And we don't leave until after 10am sometimes. Screw it, i don't rush anymore. i'll still work as swiftly as possible without rushing, but if it doesn't all get delivered i don't really care anymore. We'll do it tomorrow.
Rushing really isn't good for you health---mental as well as physical.

2) Too many inside deliveries. We have the staples account and it's ALL inside delivery. i want to drive more, not necessarily go inside office buildings all day.

3) Volvo.

Those are the only complaints i have. (i am somewhat sure, based on inside info, that we are switching to KW and liner tractors though)

Good points:

1) There is a lot to be said about a Monday-Friday 9-5 daytime gig! It's not exactly 9-5, but you know what i mean---it's all daytime work. Weekends completely off, although there are opportunities to work on the weekend frequently. This is assigned through seniority though, but you would be surprised how many people want off on the weekends, thus a person with low seniority may very well have a good change to get weekend work----it's usually going to be at time and half since by friday afternoon you are already over 40 hours. i think ALL sunday work is time and a half irregardless of how many hours you have for the week, but am not sure----would have to ask a steward.

There's always a place to park at the end of the day. i remember when i was doing OTR, MANY times i could not find a space to park at the truckstop and thus had to keep on going (many times OVER the 10hr limit) to find a spot.

2) UPSF is definitely one of the most, probably THE most organized and well run company i've been associated with. It was like that when we were Overnite as well.
We do things the right way----if a manager or co-worker starts to act a little wacky, that S gets stomped out REAL quick. The behavior changes or that person is GONE.

3) equipment is improving. i have an automatic with torque converter right now. This makes the job much easier and more fun. Doing p+d with a manual is more work than you might think; When i was with fedex freight i counted the number of shifts i made in a day, and this was a route with mostly industrial parks---it wasn't downtown. i shifted 400 times that day!

So overall i'd say UPSF is a good company.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Here are my year end totals for '16:
FullSizeRender-1_zpsq2lrdgfj.jpg

i am at the 2 year payscale, thus $20 per hour.

i also do a part-time drop and hook gig on the weekends, usually one or two sundays every month which brought in a little more to make my complete total at a little over 61K:
FullSizeRender%203_zps5frd1mtr.jpg

final UPS gross 59,179.42 + transforce gross 2,545.75 = $61.725.17

This weekend gig i don't do every weekend---maybe once, twice a month usually on sunday only. And it's really easy----almost not a job really. You just show up, casually drive to like 2 grocery stores. You don't touch jack---the receivers do everything. The only things you touch are the steering wheel, shift lever and landing gear crank handle. Just very laid back----no time pressure---you get there when you get there.

But anyways, back to upsF: i'm not entirely happy with the number considering all the hours i put in. Also, remember that i actually had a linehaul run for a while-----and still couldn't break 60K; So i guess this kinda shows how low the pay is for P+D when you are just starting out.

On the other hand, the 59K was the most i had ever made at any job so far, period. And thus the 61K IS the most i've ever grossed in a year.

My assessment so far on UPSF:

Complaints:

1) Little too much time pressure; You could very well have 21 or more stops. This may or may not include pickups. And we don't leave until after 10am sometimes. Screw it, i don't rush anymore. i'll still work as swiftly as possible without rushing, but if it doesn't all get delivered i don't really care anymore. We'll do it tomorrow.
Rushing really isn't good for you health---mental as well as physical.

2) Too many inside deliveries. We have the staples account and it's ALL inside delivery. i want to drive more, not necessarily go inside office buildings all day.

3) Volvo.

Those are the only complaints i have. (i am somewhat sure, based on inside info, that we are switching to KW and liner tractors though)

Good points:

1) There is a lot to be said about a Monday-Friday 9-5 daytime gig! It's not exactly 9-5, but you know what i mean---it's all daytime work. Weekends completely off, although there are opportunities to work on the weekend frequently. This is assigned through seniority though, but you would be surprised how many people want off on the weekends, thus a person with low seniority may very well have a good change to get weekend work----it's usually going to be at time and half since by friday afternoon you are already over 40 hours. i think ALL sunday work is time and a half irregardless of how many hours you have for the week, but am not sure----would have to ask a steward.

There's always a place to park at the end of the day. i remember when i was doing OTR, MANY times i could not find a space to park at the truckstop and thus had to keep on going (many times OVER the 10hr limit) to find a spot.

2) UPSF is definitely one of the most, probably THE most organized and well run company i've been associated with. It was like that when we were Overnite as well.
We do things the right way----if a manager or co-worker starts to act a little wacky, that S gets stomped out REAL quick. The behavior changes or that person is GONE.

3) equipment is improving. i have an automatic with torque converter right now. This makes the job much easier and more fun. Doing p+d with a manual is more work than you might think; When i was with fedex freight i counted the number of shifts i made in a day, and this was a route with mostly industrial parks---it wasn't downtown. i shifted 400 times that day!

So overall i'd say UPSF is a good company.

Good job

Who Cares