UK to US

Kwilson

Looking at some of the posts in the discussions forum, and noticed you know a few things about moving about

Am on the Graduate programme in the UK, and once completed, i want to move to the US with the company...

The only thing i have heard is i may need to resign over here before trying to get into UPS in the states. If not then, another country for sure

Can you help me out at all?

Regards

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the browncafe.

Hopefully someone that is more knowledgeable about international transfers will be able to answer your question.

klein

Für Meno :)
Canada is seeking, esspecially Edmonton, Alberta.
Just go to your nearest Canadian Consulate, and let them know you want to work and live in Edmonton.
At the very least they'll give you a 6 month working visa.

Europa

There are two ways to move. One is to get into management and be relocated as an expat (called a TCN if you're not American) as part of your development. There are many barriers to this, but for those who do commit to this kind of flexibility and get the opportunity it can be highly rewarding.

The other way is to be hired as a local in your target market. You don't have to quit first, you can talk to your manager and local HR and see if they can put you in touch with hiring managers in the area you want to work in. You will pay your own relocation costs but they should value your previous experience and commitment.

I know non-British UPSers currently working in the UK under both scenarios.

Tiny Panda

Coming to the UK from another country and working for UPS is hugely different than going from the UK to the USA, we don't have waiting lists for jobs etc here whereas there is in the USA. In fact here in the UK we cant get enough staff, we don't pay enough for the crap we go through for the work we do despite being the best paid in the industry

I know this off beat but can I get transfered to a ups hub in China, only reason I want to make this transefe is cause I am getting married to a Chinese girl and I don't want to make her move. I have been with ups for 5.5 years now, little more then that. Does any one know if this possible.

Loyal Teamster

I know this off beat but can I get transfered to a ups hub in China, only reason I want to make this transefe is cause I am getting married to a Chinese girl and I don't want to make her move. I have been with ups for 5.5 years now, little more then that. Does any one know if this possible.

How much did you pay for her?

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster