Unable to use clutch now what???

area43

Thanks to those who are trying to make suggestions. I have worn orthodics for several years due to Plantar Fasciitis I am not a pretty site when I get up in the morning. I look like I am 90 when I first start walking until the tendons in my foot stretch out. Then I am good to go. The foot pain I have now is a searing hot pain in the left side of the foot from the ball of my foot to just behind the toes going down the side. If I brush the foot during the night I sometimes let out a gasp from the pain.
I have been dealing with this problem for several months but had kept on working thru the pain thinking it would eventually get better. And since it hasn't that is why I went to the doctor. They are sending me to a neurologist on August 1st. So that will put me out of driving for two and a half weeks by the time I see the doctor. I basically begged my manager to just let me dirve the one automatic (we have 5) that is not being used on a bid route. All but one driver who has asked why I was on the morning shift thought they should switch out the cars. The not so funny thing was when I asked two drivers today if they wanted to trade cars so I could maybe get my manager to let me drive they both so no they love their automatics. One made the remark if I could load or unload cars I could drive anything. And yes I can drive but the searing pain from the pressure being put on that nerve is really a bit much. And yes I zip back and forth as fast as a 48 year old woman can zip snatching packages off of the belt and loading them into the car. But constantly paying attention to stepping up into the car on the right and then out of the car on my right foot trying not to irritate my injury. But that is really not that hard to do since the wrong foot can mean searing pain you learn pretty quick which foot to use. On flat ground it is just sore.
So I guess for the next few weeks I will just do my best and try and survive the new hours and work. I am thankful to be able to work and not go out on work comp. The morning people also seem to like having me around since I try my hardest and end up wrapping my cars first and then helping other loaders. For the last two days they let me out of the unloading of the feeders. They just put me where they need me.
So for the not so nice person who made comments about me not doing my job and being a whiner. You need to try and put yourself into someones elses position before you make such remarks.
Your probably one of the narrow minded guys who think that the women at UPS that drive are catered too. Still looking for that robot who is doing my work for me. That we receive special treatment. The only difference in me and a guy driver in doing the job is that the guys have much more strength overall and can out carry me any day of the week and aren't having any problems getting the over 50 pounders off of the top shelf. With that said I work very hard and give it my all and have the respect of most of the guys in my building. Women probably are more prone to over thinking each stop to get in and out of the car faster and saving time on the quickest path. You always have a couple guys who are threatened by a woman doing the same job as them especially if you do it well.

Upslady, my brother does use a full insert. Its actually just a small mound that is positioned under the ball of the foot. About the automatics thats crazy, you have a documented(doctors verified) case. The driver that has one(auto) should let you have it. UPS should get you one(auto) from another center. Swap one out. Just what is this company thinking about. take care a43 ps dont get me started about unregisterd users. LOL

S

Start a revolution now

If you are truly disabled, UPS is required to make a "reasonable accomodation". This falls under the Americans with Disabilities Act, a federal law. It is also in the Teamsters Contract, so you may be able to grieve it, for what thats worth. Or maybe they are just discriminating against you because you are female, you may want to seek legal advice on this matter, I suggest an attorney who is involved in labor laws.