Unbelievable...update on FMLA situation

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As Nothing by 1030 said, you now have a target on your back. They will be "observing" you more when you're on route, and I have heard of UPS even hiring private investigators to follow people if they are on disability, fmla, work comp. etc....

I'm happy to hear you filed the grievance because they were out of line, but just make sure you do your job by the book and are always honest. Best of luck to you, and I wish your wife a speedy and successful recovery!

They do not investigate while an hourly is out on either disability or FMLA; however, they do investigate when there are concerns about comp fraud.

There is an investigator locally who has told me that he makes a very good living investigating just comp fraud. The most common are those who are out of work due to a back injury who he video tapes as they are working on their roofs. He works on a commission basis and as I said does quite well for himself.

Faceplanted

They do not investigate while an hourly is out on either disability or FMLA; however, they do investigate when there are concerns about comp fraud.

There is an investigator locally who has told me that he makes a very good living investigating just comp fraud. The most common are those who are out of work due to a back injury who he video tapes as they are working on their roofs. He works on a commission basis and as I said does quite well for himself.
Shoveling a small hole to fix a broken sprinkler is very different from delivering 300 packages on a business route.

These investigators have no clue how hard our job actually is

BUCN85

As Nothing by 1030 said, you now have a target on your back. They will be "observing" you more when you're on route, and I have heard of UPS even hiring private investigators to follow people if they are on disability, fmla, work comp. etc....

I'm happy to hear you filed the grievance because they were out of line, but just make sure you do your job by the book and are always honest. Best of luck to you, and I wish your wife a speedy and successful recovery!
I wouldn't think they could use a PI for FMLA. so I use an fmla not for a dr appt but because my wife is sick. What are they going to do come in my house to make sure she's sick.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I wouldn't think they could use a PI for FMLA. so I use an fmla not for a dr appt but because my wife is sick. What are they going to do come in my house to make sure she's sick.
Of course not, but they will see if you and her are going to the water park for a fun day of sun and fun