Unbelievable...update on FMLA situation

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually I didn't schedule anything. The clinic mailed us schedule in early April with all of her chemo appointments for the duration of treatment. When other appointments come up we try to schedule them all on the same day. We hate driving 2 hrs to these appointments more than once a week

Have you been keeping track of your mileage and out of pocket expenses?

BUCN85

I can imagine that makes it much worse overall.
My cousin had to travel a couple of hours over mountains for treatment.
He said that made the whole process worse.
It's the worst. We leave the house early in the morning and don't get back till evening. And management things we are just having a good ol time taking days off. It's sucks!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I think we can gain more insight into Dave's personality if one considers "empathy" and indifference to others emotions.
Dave obviously feels emotions for his family but is unable to feel and consider the emotional states of others ... it's not that uncommon.

Note: I am not Dr Phil but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Should be tested for Aspbergers

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Don't know why MB thought this was funny-----these expenses can be written off on your Federal taxes.
You obviously are not that involved in calculating final income taxes.
Not really any effect unless one's out-of-pocket medical expenses exceeds 10% of AGI.

Just laughing at you because it seems natural.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have prepared my taxes, both when I was married and single, and those of my children, until they began doing their own, for all of my adult life.
Which is not what I posted.
I have done my own taxes every year since I was 18 ... so 44 years.
In that period, I did not receive any tax relief except the year my wife had some surgery ($18,000) not covered by insurance.
Assuming a driver has an AGI equal to $60,000 ... that means that only those expenses exceeding $6,000.
I seriously doubt you have go any tax relief in all the years of keeping up with this info.
Same goes for Union dues or work boots, etc.
The limit there is 2% of AGI ... union dues might get you close or even over the 2% threshold but any tax relief will be for the amount over the 2% threshold.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are correct in that I have never received any benefit for unreimbursed medical expenses; however, I do take advantage of the unreimbursed job expenses deduction to the tune of about $2K/year.

10 Pt

Not really any effect unless one's out-of-pocket medical expenses exceeds 10% of AGI.
7.5% if 65 or older which is not applicable in this case.
It's his third strike assumption in this thread. Never let the facts confuse you if you are on a roll.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's his third strike assumption in this thread. Never let the facts confuse you if you are on a roll.
I'll give him a pass on this one.
Since I was in IE and by my nature, I eliminate common tasks and effort if I know or strongly suspect that including them provides no value.
I'm sure all tax prep software encourages one to track and record all tax related info ... I ignore them.

You are correct in that I have never received any benefit for unreimbursed medical expenses; however, I do take advantage of the unreimbursed job expenses deduction to the tune of about $2K/year.
Did you include hair cuts, shaving cream, and razors? Razor blades will rape you.

I'll give him a pass on this one.
Since I was in IE and by my nature, I eliminate common tasks and effort if I know or strongly suspect that including them provides no value.
I'm sure all tax prep software encourages one to track and record all tax related info ... I ignore them.
That's a good reason to eliminate the WOR.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Thank you Dr. Phil.

I just think that there is a way to balance the roles of caretaker and breadwinner.

I can fully appreciate the OP scheduling chemo for a Friday so that he is available to be with her and his son on the weekend. As we have learned from moreluck, the day after chemo can be worse than the procedure itself.

That being said, I can understand the need for the company to run a business.

With every comment you make concerning another person's situation, I wonder just how much further you can shove your foot down your throat.

Just out of curiosity, how much experience do you personally have with a family member receiving chemo? Or are you depending entirely on Moreluck's accounts?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
With every comment you make concerning another person's situation, I wonder just how much further you can shove your foot down your throat.

Just out of curiosity, how much experience do you personally have with a family member receiving chemo? Or are you depending entirely on Moreluck's accounts?

Winner x 10